Problem running Traktor, mixer not working please help!

Default Problem running Traktor, mixer not working please help!

Hi there, i'm new to these forums, mixing and traktor so my knowledge is low on all of this stuff but any help would be really appreciated,
    I have a problem with my mixer not working within traktor.. my setup is 2x Technics, and a Numark M3 mixer, I have Traktor Scratch A6.
    I can run Traktor fine and the turntables work and play the music through correctly, just as soon as i try to use my crossfader or volume controls on my mixer nothing happens and both tracks continue to play at the same volume.
    I've selected external mixing and i believe everything is as it should be, i'll put screenshots up anyway...
    All my RCA leads are connected correctly too.
    The other problem I have is not being able to hear any sound except through the headphone part of my mixer, i can't seem to set up my speakers, connected to my PC with a jack-jack lead to play the music.
    Any help really appreciated !!!
    Nick.

Last edited by padi_04; 06-12-2013 at 12:22 PM.

Tech Guru

Your screenshots are too small. How have you connected everything up?

Speakers should be connected to the Master Out of your mixer.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

ohhh deary me, that'll be my problem then, and i assume that should give me crossfade/volume control through my mixer !? sorry about the screenshots, you could pretty much c+p the suggested ones from the NI website/every youtube tut video anyway. i'll reupload them anyways though, one sec

I hope these are better :?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by DJeN View Post
    The other problem I have is not being able to hear any sound except through the headphone part of my mixer, i can't seem to set up my speakers, connected to my PC with a jack-jack lead to play the music.
    You know you can't plug in a mixer to your laptop and have the music play out of the laptop speakers right? You need external speakers to run that. Can you provide pictures of your current wiring?
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

is your setup hooked up like this?

3c30843e63.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Your screenshots are too small. How have you connected everything up?

Speakers should be connected to the Master Out of your mixer.
    This fixed my problem, i knew i was being stupid and it was an easy fix, thanks to every one that replied still, much appreciated