Pioneer DJM 600 mods/modders?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Pioneer DJM 600 mods/modders?

I came across a few posts and videos online that appear to have seriously improved the DJM600.

Led changes
    Addition Plug Socket
    Capacitor replacements
    Removal of low pass filters that remove the bottom octave (not sure about this one)
    Gain structure tweaks
    phonostage upgrade to matched RIAA circuits

and the most interesting

Individual power supplies for digital and analogue circuits - according to the forum poster this one prevents leaking of digital artefacts in the analogue signal - or somesuch

Now, I am planning on getting my DJM 600 refurbed in the next few weeks and was wondering if anyone knows about these tweaks and modifications.

Are they worth doing, will there be any real world improvement, anyone in the UK who does this, and of course costs involved?
    1x Allen & Heath Xone K2, 1xXone K1, Edirol PCR M1, 4x Numark TTXUSB, Audio10 and a truck load of vinyl...

Tech Guru

Isn't the DJM 600 almost all analogue anyway, besides the FX section?
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Wizard

install Serato inside
    2 x Technics 1200 mk2 | 2 x Pioneer CDJ-850 | Pioneer DJM-600 | Serato Scratch Live 1 | Pioneer HDJ-500 W |

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Isn't the DJM 600 almost all analogue anyway, besides the FX section?
    Yeah, I thought this aswell.

@Jeff Scott & makar1 TBH I'm not sure, I only inherited this mixer a few weeks ago and never delved that deep into it, but it needs a service (or refurb) so I was curious as to if/how much I can improve it beyond the original specs.

@cyberphox What's Serato Inside all about then?

I just saw this video after a little googling. Is this what you meant?
    1x Allen & Heath Xone K2, 1xXone K1, Edirol PCR M1, 4x Numark TTXUSB, Audio10 and a truck load of vinyl...

Here's some stuff I came across that took my interest:

I have asked this question some time ago. There were some usefull answers.

We have had a DJM 600 modified by a colleaque, and it's improved significantly. But these modification are quite difficult to make.

Wat has been done:
    - The gain structure has been changed, so the individual channels can't be overdriven any more. To realise this the gain of the EQ has been changed to a maximum of +1
    - The phonostages have been upgraded to matched RIAA circuits
    - some cheap capacitors have been replaced
    - The low-pass filters that take out the bottom octave have been removed

What could be done to further improve the mixer, but is not worth the cost because the design of the circuitry is at its maximum:
    - Individual power supplies for digital and analogue circuits. In the original design the same PSU is used. This results in 'leaking' of digital rubbish in the analogue signal path (makes the mixer sound harsh)

from http://www.wavemusic.com/community/s...ead.php?t=3324

Default Help with my 600

Hi guys,
    New to DJTT. ...

I just bought a DJM600 for only $80 as it needed a new cross fader and also the effects board is fooked.
    I don't use effects so don't care about that.
    Installed a new fader and cleaned the faceplate.
    The master fader was scratchy and poppy so I've ordered a new one of those too.
    Problem I'm having is channel 2 on the line, the signal is really really low. I've tested all the channels and they're all fine apart from this one. You have to crank the gain to get anything out of the channel.
    To note as well the line/phono switch is a bit wobbly, but does click over on to line.

The effects board does change effect type but when you try and activate it it just sends crap out of the channel it's selected on.

But yeah, a 600 for $80 + $40 for a crossfader and $30 for a master?
    $150 well spent so far.
    Selling my vestax PMC 07 pro now, which I'll miss but with my new setup I need more channels.

Look forward to hearing from people.

Also gear is as follows

2 x Technics 1200
    Traktor Audio 6
    Serato SL1
    DJM 600
    KRK Rokit 5's
    Traktor Kontrol F1
    NI Maschine
    MacBook Pro
    Extra monitor
    Akai MPK61
    Powered USB Hub

Once I've got the 2nd channel set up I'm going to split the audio from the turnies to go into both Sl1 and Traktor so I can switch between the 2.

AND FINALLY....since I got the 600 in getting earth hum into my SL box, even if RCA are unplugged, so it's coming through the power somehow, but that's a problem I'll get to the bottom of tomorrow.

Tech Guru

Should probably start your own thread Aliholden instead of trying to have two topics in one thread.

And yes, I do believe that is what he meant. I know someone else here suggested I install my Traktor soundcard inside of a DJM600 when I was looking for a mixer and had some spare sound cards. I don't think altering the gain structure is difficult if you have a guide to follow. Doing it on your own will require in depth knowledge of circuits.

I came across a certified Pioneer repair shop in Southampton that does exactly what I was referring to! Quite pleased as these cats seem to know what they're doing.

Place is called M2 the DJ Shop (In Southampton) if anyone is interested, but it ain't looking cheap...

I came across a certified Pioneer repair shop in Southampton that does exactly what I was referring to! Quite pleased as these cats seem to know what they're doing.

Place is called M2 the DJ Shop (In Southampton) if anyone is interested, but it ain't looking cheap...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast