Traktor S4 as a Midi-controller for Reason 6.5

Default Traktor S4 as a Midi-controller for Reason 6.5

This is my first post so first of all: Hello!
    I just bought my first DJ controller, the Traktor Kontrol S4, and i'm wondering if it is possible to use it as a Midi-controller? Due to it's amount of knobs, buttons and pretty lights i can imagine it would work really well for effects etc but i have no idea how to set it up. I tried to add the Traktor to the list of midi-controllers like one usually does and though it was found and Reason reacted to it, none of the buttons actually work or appear in the software when i try to assign them to different effects etc. Thanks in advance for a reply!

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Did you put your controller in MIDI mode? (Shift+Browse)

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    Did you put your controller in MIDI mode? (Shift+Browse)
    BUMP

I would love to know how to do this. I was actually in a shop today looking at an F1 to use with Reason and Traktor. They guy did mention midi mode but said I might be better off emailing propellerhead...

Is there anyone here who knows how to link an S4 upto Reason...I have tried before but no luck...

Tech Mentor

I use reason for production, although i haven't owned an S4, i did own an AA VMS4. There was almost nothing that i wanted to map my VMS4 to. Reason isn't much of a live performance program. It is mainly for studio production, It's mapping abilities reflect that as well. If you had the looper, buffre, and maybe a few other Rack extensions Then maybe you could find something to map it to. Other than that it is not worth it.

I also owned an F1. There isn't much practicality in using an F1 in Reason. It wasn't a great controller for kong, or for many of the extensions.

You're better off with an mpd(26/32) controller. Hell my Padkontrol barely does enough.
    Last edited by no_rex4u; 02-18-2014 at 09:42 AM.
    Done DJ'ing