New to DJ'ing, Numark Mixtack 2 Pro vs N4 Decision

Default New to DJ'ing, Numark Mixtack 2 Pro vs N4 Decision

Hey there, I am new to DJing, and would like to buy my first controller. I cant seem to decide between the Numark Mixtrack Pro II and the N4. Both seem great. Which one would be a better buy?

Tech Guru

Get the Mixtrack Pro 2. It's cheap, durable and to be fair, not much different from the N4 in terms of lay out.

Check out Behringer cmd4a

I messed around with a N4 at the store, it felt pretty nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleeeeeks View Post
    Check out Behringer cmd4a
    Thanks go the input, the beg ringer looks great. Does it have an audio interface and headphone cueing too?

Yessir built in. And for $200... a steal if u ask me. Their other CMD modular controllers are pretty cool too, similar to the kontrol f1. Mine is coming in on Thursday and going to do a review after EDC. I kinda figured out a way to build a traktor s4 type controller using the cmd4a, cmddv1, and a kontrol f1. Retail cost would be around $550 for all 3 and would do everything an s4 would do

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Aleeeeeks View Post
    Yessir built in. And for $200... a steal if u ask me. Their other CMD modular controllers are pretty cool too, similar to the kontrol f1. Mine is coming in on Thursday and going to do a review after EDC. I kinda figured out a way to build a traktor s4 type controller using the cmd4a, cmddv1, and a kontrol f1. Retail cost would be around $550 for all 3 and would do everything an s4 would do
    Hah, guess you're going for the CMD Studio 4A.

You'll like it, except the jog wheels will get extremely fast, extremely easy.

I'm not too sure how to explain it, but once you get it and after using it for a few days, you'll understand.

Regardless, I like it, but another issue was that Deckadance was extremely glitchy for me.