Nanopad Hotcue Help!

Default Nanopad Hotcue Help!

Hey guys, im settin up my nanopad to save hotcues and load them on the fly, does anyone know how to save cuepoints to specific locations?

EX: hit this pad and it saves to cue 5, hit a diff one and it saves to cue 8.

any ideas?
    [ ms ]

Yeah, it's under Cue in the MIDI mapping section: Store cue or something, I believe.
    Balls of Steel
    DJ/Producer
    SoundCloud | Twitter | Website

yea ive got it kinda working.... i use points 1-4 for major song changes, and 5-8 for samples and juggling, i like not having to go through all my songs and setting stuff prior to shows.

does traktor have the functionality to store into any point u want? it should... thats kinda silly that you have to fill every slot...they just start storing in order, 12345678..

what about deleting cued while the song is playing.. without having to skip to it?

WOW that is so seriously flawed.
    [ ms ]

does traktor have the functionality to store into any point u want?
    Yes, it does. You can click the "map" button once you've stored something to map it to whatever number you want. Just have a number selected, click map, and then click the number you want to store it to.

I don't know about deleting cue points while the track is playing, though. If you can do that, I don't know how.
    Balls of Steel
    DJ/Producer
    SoundCloud | Twitter | Website

Could you do the mapping of a nanopad on Traktor 3 LE? I know you can on pro, but 3 LE is like the slow best friend.

i know about as much about traktor 3 as i do about the anatomy of an ostrich :/

sry buddy i started off in pro its not that hard if you just fiddle with it.
    [ ms ]

I think you can only do sequential cue points and the function is called "set and store cue"

and you have to be on the cue to delete it so yes, you can't delete a cue while playback is active, unless maybe the playback started from the cue that you want to delete, but probably not...
    < Progressive | Trance | Full On Psy | Liquid DnB >
    < Xone:1D:22:2D + Vestax PadOne >

ive got it set so one pad is set as a modifier>map hotcue>set and store cue

so i hit that and hold it and it sets a cue, and while holding i hit the pad i want it set to

i guess it works, but i REALLY wish i could delete on the fly, that completely sucks.. if im messin around live, and i HAVE to jump to it to delete it.... well thats just totally bogus.
    [ ms ]

The solution is to always have the first cue point slot free, so every time you save a cue point you move it to another slot. This way you know when you press the store button the cue point is always saved in the first cue point slot then can be moved to a slot of your choice.

Ideally this store cue point storing ability would have been better thought out by NI, but it is possible to make it the way that you want it too with a bit of creative midi mapping.

Thanks goes out to Fatlimey for this idea

yeah i basically leave the first 4 alone but points 5-8 i play around with alot. i am glad i finally decided to do something with my nano though
    [ ms ]