Westone IEM users
    Tech Mentor

Default Westone IEM users

Afternoon all,

Really thinking about picking a pair of these up. Tried a friends UM2s.. Havent really found anywhere local I can go try the other models out of course is my issue.

Also noticing the customs (while I understand they require a inner ear mold) come in at about double the price of the R4. Are the drivers in them that different or is it all about the custom mold aspect. The um2s felt fine, but how can you beat a custom ear mold?

Any users opinions would be great. I see around here the um2s are recommended alot, just curious if it was worth the extra couple hundred for the r4, and even more for custom. Budget isnt a concern, but I still do care about price to performance ratio. I wont go spend 1k on some custom earbuds just for the sake of having custom earbuds.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by balakoth View Post
    Afternoon all,

Really thinking about picking a pair of these up. Tried a friends UM2s.. Havent really found anywhere local I can go try the other models out of course is my issue.

Also noticing the customs (while I understand they require a inner ear mold) come in at about double the price of the R4. Are the drivers in them that different or is it all about the custom mold aspect. The um2s felt fine, but how can you beat a custom ear mold?

Any users opinions would be great. I see around here the um2s are recommended alot, just curious if it was worth the extra couple hundred for the r4, and even more for custom. Budget isnt a concern, but I still do care about price to performance ratio. I wont go spend 1k on some custom earbuds just for the sake of having custom earbuds.

Thanks in advance.
    I use the UM2's with the out of the box tips and they are very comfortable and sound great! The noise cancellation is wonderful too!
    Pioneer XDJ-RX//Rekordbox & Ableton Push 1//Ableton 9 Suite
    15" MacBook Pro 2017//Quad Core i7 @ 3.1GHz//16GB RAM//1TB SSD//AMD 560 4GB GPU

http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=70758

If you look at the headfi.org link I linked in the second post you'll find a wealth of information regarding the 4's and 2's. I also asked Lance if he would recommend getting custom molds (as he did), and he said they are just as good either way. The UM2's deliver, by far the best listening experience i've ever had.

Strangeman, glad to see you like the UM2's.
    The MUSIC is what matters!
    Everything else is _________