Help with me with my new DVS setup!

Default Help with me with my new DVS setup!

Hey everyone,

So after learning the basics on cdjs and selling them for a fully controller based set-up, I've come to the conclusion that the only way I enjoy myself while mixing is with 2 tangible decks. Basically I'm starting over.

I travel to gigs a lot and frequently play at all my drunken friend's parties so my equipment does (and will) get beaten up. If my Numark setup survived beer being spilled all over it I'm hoping something more professional will as well... (god bless those cheap cdjs).

The point of this post- I need a Traktor based DVS system for around $1300 CAD (Canadian). Thinking about a Traktor Z2 or DJM-T1 with 2 Stanton t.62 tables. Any suggestions? I am admittedly new to vinyl and play a lot of classic house/ hip-hop and want to learn to scratch properly.

Any feedback is great! Cheers.
    Lenovo P580 || TSP2 || Traktor Z2 || 2x Audio-Technica AT-LP120 || Pioneer HDJ 1500 || Behringer B212D || http://www.mixcloud.com/Calzonetti/

Tech Guru

For 1300 CAD you should be able to buy a Z2 and two SL1200 MK2s easily.

Tech Wizard

the stantons have incredible torque, i have the st 150's, they weigh a ton and are built to last imo. for 1300 CAD id go with the t.62's or the sl1200 mk2's, and a Z2 mixer.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50 View Post
    For 1300 CAD you should be able to buy a Z2 and two SL1200 MK2s easily.
    Do this. Or the Serato equivalent.

If you're always bringing a mixer the DVS enabled versions would be the way to go
    Last edited by LoopCat; 06-18-2013 at 05:17 AM.

I don't understand the appeal of the Z2... Get the T1 instead.
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    I don't understand the appeal of the Z2... Get the T1 instead.
    thats another issue I need solved... both are very attractive but cant decide between the two. unfortunately I wont be able to test and compare them anytime soon.
    Lenovo P580 || TSP2 || Traktor Z2 || 2x Audio-Technica AT-LP120 || Pioneer HDJ 1500 || Behringer B212D || http://www.mixcloud.com/Calzonetti/