Good in room studio mic!
    Tech Wizard

Default Good in room studio mic!

Hey just was wondering what do you guys use for a mic to put little lines or one shots in yourself
    Kind of looking to stay under $150

For £99 you can't get a better mic than the Blue Yeti....it's a USB mic I use on the road if I need to record vocals or jingles in the hotel when on tour - reviews are amazing for it and the quality of voice recording is pretty incredible for such a low price.

Check it out here dude - http://bluemic.com/yeti/
    13" Macbook Pro i7/8gb/750gb :: Traktor S4 + F1 + Pro 2 :: Allen & Heath DB4 :: Allen & Heath K2 :: Midi Fighter Classic :: Midi Fighter Pro (BM) :: Midi Fighter 3D :: Pioneer RMX1000 :: DJM800 :: 2 xCDJ1000mk3 :: Beats Pro + Beats Studio

Tech Wizard

Try the Audix OM 5, pretty nice mic
    Setup:Technic 1200's Mk2, Denon DN-X120 Mixer, Korg PadKontrol, Traktor Audio 6, Numark N4. CPU/Software:Lenovo G550/Traktor Pro 2.
    https://www.facebook.com/DJMeash
    https://www.soundcloud.com/djmeash

I've got a Blue snowball mic, and its amazing. I use it for playing and recording guitar, and recording vocals as well. Today, I was messing around in the studio with my double bass, and was able to record myself playing perfectly. I play psychobilly, so there's lots of slap bass, and the mic picked up the bass well, and the slapping equally as well. I was looking into getting a pickup for recording, but after messing with the snowball, I'm going to stick with that. There was a fan running in the background as well, and the mic didn't pick it up at all.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Looking at picking up an Audio Technica AT2020XLR myself ... good reviews and pretty good value for money for around $100usd depending on where you look.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

Save an extra 150 bucks and buy a real microphone with a cardioid pattern, ES Series and then Audio Technica if you are on a budget. A USB Mic really? Again.. as always, to each their own.