About to buy an S4 with no software, is this a bad idea?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default About to buy an S4 with no software, is this a bad idea?

Im about to buy an kontrol S4 locally and it will not come with the software. Im ASSUMING that I should be fine if I buy a new license of TP2... Right?
    Will there be hardware registration problems or anything like that?
    ~and~
    Could I buy Traktor Scratch Pro 2 right away or do I have to buy Traktor Pro 2 and the upgrade it to Scratch?

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

You need to have a TP2 license and the S4 registered (previous user should unregister the hardware) in your account to qualify for a Scratch upgrade.

Regarding the regular license, It will work with no issues.

Tech Mentor

Thank you for your reply Padi_04

To clarify, all I have to do is:

1)Own an existing license of TP2 ($89)
    2)Ask him to re-register the S4 from his account to my account.
    3)Then buy Scratch Upgrade? ($119)

Is there anyway to buy Sratch w/o buying TP2 first?

See...This seller seems like he doesn't know much about traktor and registering hardware/software to different users. So I wanna make sure I know exactly what needs to be done before I give him the cash and never see him again. This will all be done at night, before his gig, where he Dj's so Im trying to avoid having to call NI at 10:30pm.

Tech Guru

You can buy traktor scratch on your own from other users. It's a bit difficult to get ahold of just a scratch license though.

Tech Guru

The software is supposed to be tied to the hardware when re-selling.....but that doesn't always happen. Not having the exact software license # it came with new doesn't effect its functionability in any way. If you're getting a good deal without the software I say just go for it. As stated before you can buy a scratch or regular pro license second hand, or you can buy a Pro license new (I think you said its $89) or you can just buy the scratch upgrade package new for $119 last time I checked (comes with full scratch pro license and timecode cd's and timecode vinyls)

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by pbcrazy9898 View Post
    Thank you for your reply Padi_04

To clarify, all I have to do is:

1)Own an existing license of TP2 ($89)
    2)Ask him to re-register the S4 from his account to my account.
    3)Then buy Scratch Upgrade? ($119)

Is there anyway to buy Sratch w/o buying TP2 first?

See...This seller seems like he doesn't know much about traktor and registering hardware/software to different users. So I wanna make sure I know exactly what needs to be done before I give him the cash and never see him again. This will all be done at night, before his gig, where he Dj's so Im trying to avoid having to call NI at 10:30pm.
    If you buy the new $119 Software and Timecode Kit from the NI Shop it will give you TSP2 without the need for TP2 or any hardware for it to install. You don't need to buy a TP2 license.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    If you buy the new $119 Software and Timecode Kit from the NI Shop it will give you TSP2 without the need for TP2 or any hardware for it to install. You don't need to buy a TP2 license.
    You need to have any of these registered in your account, otherwise you don't qualify to purchase the item. Last time I checked you did need to own a previous Traktor license but shooting NI support a ticket to clear it out won't hurt.

Available for users of:
    - AUDIO 4 DJ
    - AUDIO 8 DJ
    - TRAKTOR AUDIO 6
    - TRAKTOR AUDIO 10
    - TRAKTOR KONTROL S4
    - "TRAKTOR SCRATCH Certified Mixer"

Tech Guru

Since it works for "Certified Mixers" e.g. a DJM900 there are no requirements or qualifications necessary for the kit to work, as NI have no way of knowing if you have a certified mixer or not. The most recent revision of the kit does not require TP2 to upgrade from.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Mentor

Thanks for the help guys, I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    I only use VINYL flooring. Rugs are for cheaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast