Z2... Latency - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Z2... Latency

Quote Originally Posted by DjLiquitATL View Post
    absolutely, i'm not chris karns or anything but I incorporate my scratches along with my transitions... i have a decent amount of scratches down (boomerang, flares, chirp, stab, autobahn, etc)
    Scratching is latency-dependent, but the remix decks are all quantized mate. You could have 100ms latency and it wouldn't matter for remix decks. Most sound cards have some sort of "priority" setting which affects latency massively; going into the ASIO options for my Contours and changing it takes them from around 20ms stock to sub-5ms.
    For Sale: Handmade Custom DJ Cables - RCA / TRS / XLR!
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1
    Latest Mix: June Progressive House (Soundcloud)

Tech Guru

My VCM 100 has an identical control panel to Reloop sound cards yet the Priority setting has no effect on latency. The "System Performance" option does however, and it's clearly just a dumbed down version of changing buffer settings.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by DjLiquitATL View Post
    Yeah the sl2 was around 5.6 latency on my laptop...for regular mixing, cue point, midi controller style mixing higher latency is ok but I'm sure shiftee, Jeremy Ellis, and others alike will tell you it makes a difference... Anything past 11+ms is too much... Anything below is manageable
    They do. I'm running the beta TSP2 on a rMBP (2.7GHz Core i7, 16 GB RAM) with my Z2 and able to run with the sample rate all the way down - 2.2 milliseconds latency.

Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign View Post
    Scratching is latency-dependent, but the remix decks are all quantized mate. You could have 100ms latency and it wouldn't matter for remix decks. Most sound cards have some sort of "priority" setting which affects latency massively; going into the ASIO options for my Contours and changing it takes them from around 20ms stock to sub-5ms.
    If you were doing finger drumming with samples that weren't quantized or synced wouldn't it also matter in terms of timing?

Quote Originally Posted by tokenasianguy View Post
    If you were doing finger drumming with samples that weren't quantized or synced wouldn't it also matter in terms of timing?
    Well if we're talking about 100ms+, then maybe, but not 10.7ms Although I'm not sure using the remix decks (or even the old-school sample decks) for finger drumming is the way you want to go... something like Ableton Live, with velocity/pressure-sensitive modulation and sustain would be better.
    For Sale: Handmade Custom DJ Cables - RCA / TRS / XLR!
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1
    Latest Mix: June Progressive House (Soundcloud)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12