sync goes crazy
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sync goes crazy

Tech Wizard

Default sync goes crazy

hey guys

i make my first moves with vci 100 and traktor pro and i have some sync problems....
    sometimes i have to push sync constantly even if the bpm stays the same, if i dont do this it goes slowly offbeat...
    whats the matter?
    and is there a possibility to put "TAP" for both decks on diffrent keys on the keyboard?

greetings
    vci 100 - dj tt overlay - TRAKTOR PRO - Audio Kontrol 1

Sounds like either :
    *One or more of your tracks has a changing tempo
    *One or more of your tracks could use a good beatgrid (assuming the tempo doesn't change) - there are some good posts by Ean and Rainer about this lying around.

edit: As for the tap tempo thing:
    *In the settings, go to keyboard mapping (or the midi mapping section if you want to map this to buttons on your VCI)
    *add track bpm>beat tap
    *select the deck focus (A/B/C/D or currently focused), then click learn and press the desired control.
    *duplicate that last item, change deck focus and key as many times as you have decks you wanna tap the tempo for.
    Last edited by bumtsch; 09-13-2009 at 01:05 PM.

Tech Wizard

your jogwheel sensativity might be set too high. if it is, the jogs might pick up small amounts of bass, and as soon as a jog moves it takes traktor out of sync.

Tech Wizard

great replys thanks guys!!
    beat tap is done

ye. i ll try the beatgrid thing. strange anyway because they are 4/4 dancetracks, electro, minimal etc shoul be easy to detect and constant bpm
    nevermind. if the grid think doesnt work,
    i ll try the sens.... one of the wheels is extra sensitive, because i didnt work properly with low sens

Tech Wizard

k
    so i beatgrided ~100 tracks
    and played my first set on a privat party
    and realised that some tracks move after a time so i have to push the sunc button again to have them match the next track, but by doing this the track stumbles and that sux on a dancefloor.....
    itīs kind of frustrating i was so sure i beatgrided perfectly (checked with mixmeisters bpm analyze first and then by looking at the gridlineup)
    and i cant image that minimal/electro tracks have some crazy bpm like 125.635
    i always used "clean numbers" like 125 etc and they seemed to fit perfect

i used the INT CLOCK MASTER to have both decks sync to the same bpm (126)
    maybe i should use Deck Master AUTO?
    but i think that wouldn heal my problems

also i had sometimes small, short "buzz" sounds, as if the soundw as freezing for few ms
    sb know how to avoid this buzz sounds?

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

You need to make sure your grids are perfect if you're going to use sync. Go through and check the lines through the whole track. you'd be surprised when some songs come out to 125.500 but it happens. If you use the Int Clock master then you NEED to make sure again that the grids are right. If they aren't everything will fall apart.

If you're getting the buzz sound then up your latency first and see if that helps.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by deefdeef View Post
    k
    so i beatgrided ~100 tracks
    and played my first set on a privat party
    and realised that some tracks move after a time so i have to push the sunc button again to have them match the next track, but by doing this the track stumbles and that sux on a dancefloor.....
    itīs kind of frustrating i was so sure i beatgrided perfectly (checked with mixmeisters bpm analyze first and then by looking at the gridlineup)
    and i cant image that minimal/electro tracks have some crazy bpm like 125.635
    i always used "clean numbers" like 125 etc and they seemed to fit perfect

i used the INT CLOCK MASTER to have both decks sync to the same bpm (126)
    maybe i should use Deck Master AUTO?
    but i think that wouldn heal my problems

also i had sometimes small, short "buzz" sounds, as if the soundw as freezing for few ms
    sb know how to avoid this buzz sounds?

yeah don't worry about using "clean numbers" your track will very rarely match exactly to them and thats why you'll be drifting out slightly. Sometimes if the creator is using a particular sample for his track he may have had to pick an unusual tempo just to match it.

Or even if he started with an even tempo, by the time lots of effects are added and the computer does some automatic compensation for latency, and then it is mixed down and saved to a file, sent to the mastering engineer who will apply his own effects and changes and then save it as a new file, and then it is sent to the pressing plant who will transfer it to a CD or Vinyl master to then press, it has very often drifted off slightly from where it originally started.

k

Tech Wizard

yeah thank you guys although i watched eans beatgrid tuts few times iīll try it again with the bible tut!
    do i understand it right that in the INT Clock Master-Mode i get this drifting sooner?
    if so then why?
    if i load up a track it synces to the main clock master, so the time for a track to drift aways starts always bei loading up and pushing play?!
    soooo there should be no diffrence between auto & int-clock master?

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

There is a difference. Auto Clock Master syncs to the master Deck, Int Clock Master syncs to a static BPM that you input.

Keep in mind that if your beatgrids are wrong then Auto CLock and int Clock won't work. Just because the BPM is right doesn't mean the grid will be right.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast