Maschine MK2 > Soundflower > Traktor Issues

Default Maschine MK2 > Soundflower > Traktor Issues

Hey all! I posted this over in general discussion too, with no avail. Thought I might find answers here.

So as the title says I am running the Maschine software then routing it through and aggregate card using soundflower that uses:

• Soundflower (2in/2out)
    • Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 (2in/4out)

I route the audio of of Maschine through the Soundflower Out and then in to Deck C in Traktor with the Soundflower In. I am on a MacBook Pro (mid-2012 13"//3rd Gen i5 Dual Core 2.5GHz//16GB 1600 MHz RAM//480GB SSD) and in the Audio/MIDI Setup Utility I have the virtual card and my 2i4 routed together with the 2i4 as the clock source and it's on 44.1KHz Sample rate.

In Maschine I have it sync'd to external clock source coming from the Traktor Virtual Out on a Generic MIDI device (the clock is stable so no worries there). I have my audio out as the aggregate device and I have it set for 44.1KHz with a 512 Sample Buffer and overall latency of 23.2ms.

In Traktor I have the very same settings with 11.6ms overall latency.

When I first set it up every session it runs great. Stable clock. Good audio. No worries. Then as I continue playing, at a random time interval I just suddenly lose audio and/or my main out gets WICKED crackly. No software crashes and the Maschine software is still sending audio, but nothing comes through to Traktor, and Traktor gets very crackly. However, if I move the sample slider in Traktor it all fixes and continues flawlessly for a bit then drops out.

Does anyone know what causes this? I can supply more information upon request and thanks in advance!
    Pioneer XDJ-RX//Rekordbox & Ableton Push 1//Ableton 9 Suite
    15" MacBook Pro 2017//Quad Core i7 @ 3.1GHz//16GB RAM//1TB SSD//AMD 560 4GB GPU

Tech Student

Try Jack OS X http://www.jackosx.com/

I found it much more stable than Soundflower running a similar setup. Soundflower wouldn't crash, it would just start introducing audio artefacts etc.