Newbie here.....dont know where to start
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Newbie here.....dont know where to start

Hello, guys

This is arjun, I want to start my career as a Dj, but didnt know anything abt Djing.
    Right now as a start I am reading a book "Djing for dummies", and listening to best mixed tunes available.

please suggest what should I do....It would be great help

Thanks guys

Tech Convert

Start watching some mixes on youtube, find your sound, practice practice practice!

Watch how to videos before spending absurd amounts of money.. Things like this require passion, if you just want to DJ to look cool I can assure you that you won't get very far. Make sure you're certain that it's what you want to do.

Don't play out til you can cleanly do a 2 hour mix. don't post wack ass stuff on youtube/ soundcloud. Best advice i can give to new Dj's. You guys are representing a community that alot of members spend years or decades learning their skill. don't water down the title

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by magnificentbutcher View Post
    Start watching some mixes on youtube, find your sound, practice practice practice!
    Thanks a lot for your reply..

just one confusion....do you mean i would watch videos of people in which they teach how to do mixes ...or do you
    mean i would watch the videos of mixes ...

thanks in advance...

Tech Convert

Default few questions

thanks everyone for responding so fast.....

Right now, I have a laptop and a dj software--MIXXX...and watching videos of people teaching how to mix..

do you recommend anything else...

thanks in advance

Get a cheap controller , djing with laptop and mouse is not so fun for long time.
    Numark mixtrack pro is good for beginners , and Hercules makes good ones too.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by DJMarkka1 View Post
    Get a cheap controller , djing with laptop and mouse is not so fun for long time.
    thanks mate

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by DJMarkka1 View Post
    One thing I almost forgot that right now I am am running low on finances and cannot afford these controllers, on the other hand I am super excited to get something started, I am thinking to buy a audio sound card so that I can keep the ball rolling.....

any suggestions...

thanks in advance

Tech Guru

Most controllers have sound cards so try and figure out what controller you want first.

You should be able to pick up a mixtrack pro for <100 used though fairly easily.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast