CDJ's to Traktor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default CDJ's to Traktor

I do not use any mixing software at the moment, I want to incorporate Traktor mainly to record my mixes... I'll get an X1 and all that later on down the road.. But if I were to do this, is my best bet just buying a NI audio card?

Are there any other alternatives, or cheaper soundcards I can use?

Schalenberg

I think an Audio 2 would be just fine for you. You could probably grab one for $50-$100 on Craigslist.

woah woah, hold up. you are aware that you can already can record externally, are you?

I found a nice one for about 50 bucks... I'll buy it today.

Will I need to upgrade it if I ever decide to add more gear? Example being an X1, F1, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Era 7 View Post
    woah woah, hold up. you are aware that you can already can record externally, are you?
    Yes I am, I currently record out of my mixer with an RCA to 1/8th inch using Audacity, but I don't like doing that. From what I understand, recording through Traktor will generate my MP3 at 320 quality, not 128 like Audacity. That's my main concern.
    Last edited by Kwal; 06-24-2013 at 01:21 PM.

Schalenberg

The more units you add, the more channels you'll need. So yes.

Quote Originally Posted by nudedudewithattitude View Post
    The more units you add, the more channels you'll need. So yes.
    So maybe an Audio 4 would be more ideal....

Quote Originally Posted by Kwal View Post
    I found a nice one for about 50 bucks... I'll buy it today.

Will I need to upgrade it if I ever decide to add more gear? Example being an X1, F1, etc.

Yes I am, I currently record out of my mixer with an RCA to 1/8th inch using Audacity, but I don't like doing that. From what I understand, recording through Traktor will generate my MP3 at 320 quality, not 128 like Audacity. That's my main concern.
    audacity produces whatever format you like. you just have to change the settings when you export your file. 128kbps is just the stock setting for mp3 export. it can be changed to 320kbps.

pick up an audio 6, that way you get full dvs capability if you want to go that route, otherwise your only option is a second hand audio 4 or similar card with inputs if you want to record through traktor.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    pick up an audio 6, that way you get full dvs capability if you want to go that route, otherwise your only option is a second hand audio 4 or similar card with inputs if you want to record through traktor.
    I grabbed an audio 2 with traktor software on eBay just now for $45... You telling me that was a waste? Either way it was a steal in my book for that price

traktor pro yes. you will need traktor SCRATCH pro and a soundcard that supports timecode, which the audio does not.

either way it is a waste since since what you are trying to do can already be accomplished with your existing gear.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast