why cant i just use a controller and mix without being hassle?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default why cant i just use a controller and mix without being hassle?

its just a random topic on controllerism vs people who uses tt and cdjs. the topic might have been covered before but seriously can i just concentrate on using controllers alone without being questioned and going through critisms with how easy using a software can be, with just a touch of a synch button but if its gets your mix right why not. i would love to get my hands on a pair of cdjs but if only my mommy and daddy is rich hell yeah id love a pair pioneer cdj1000mk3 and djm800 but in reality all i can afford right now is a controller im just wondering how you all feel regarding this?
    Last edited by Pollux#13; 09-15-2009 at 02:38 AM.

eh...turntable djs said the same thing about cdjs 5 or so years ago. just do what you do...if you're good, it'll show, whatever you're using.

Init !!! its all about track selection anyway. Ive got a controller and a sync button and i cant pull off mixes like the pros !! Tell 'em "DO ONE!!!!"
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Pollux#13 View Post
    and going through critisms with how easy using a software can be, with just a touch of a synch button but if its gets your mix right why not.
    I've been watching a couple of DJs close up now and what I've noticed is: They use their CDJ in a similar way I use Traktor Pro. That is: Fully automated. They tap in the tempo, cue the song, that's it.

Actually, even my DJM500 has BPM detection included, of course it cannot sync my turntables automatically, but it's helpful nevertheless.

For me, using the sync button in Traktor Pro is just the logical consequence:

a) use nothing
    b) use a bpm detection
    c) tap in the tempo
    d) pre-determine the tempos of your songs and use sync.

In fact, getting the grids right in Traktor Pro can be a lot of work. So CDJ DJs to me seem more lazy in a way :-)

ure right preparation of the tracks in beatgridding is lotsa work but this makes you know your tracks better. seriously for me i really enjoy using traktor pro and controllers personally its just very convenient.

it all comes down to what works for YOU.
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

just tell them that software is ultimately more professional and difficult because it is open ended, upgradeable, and leads the user to develope skills that can be utilized in other areas of music technologey.
    all these colors all this metal all this colored mental .. is just sun.

can you tap in the tempo on a cdj ?
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

We still get the odd person saying using the computer is cheating etc. Just hand the phones over to them and let them try a couple of tracks, that will shut them up. Don't worry guys, in two years that whole argument will be long forgotten. peace
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

I'm still an advocate of using TTs for DJing... but I understand the improvements of digital technology, and that's why I have a completely hybrid setup. I hate people that are close minded on what new things are out there and how they can help the progression of the DJ art form all together.

You will always be hassled for doing something differently that has had a tradition already set forth. I was one of these people for a brief period until I took control of traktor for myself.... Using all those wonderful files on my computer on my vinyl turntables, oh is it a wonderful thing... Don't let them get you down!
    Tre Tuna
    DJ and Recording and Mixing engineer for live and studio sound
    Traktor Pro 2.7.1 | MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4gigs ram
    Stanton STR8-150s | Ortofon Q-Bert Carts
    NI Z2, F1, Machine MK I, RigKontrol 3 | Dicers | PadKontrol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast