ZipDJ's Pool : Your thoughts
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default ZipDJ's Pool : Your thoughts

Since last article of DJTT on Record Pools (http://www.djtechtools.com/2013/05/0...-2013-edition/), i decided to go for one, and found that ZipDJ was probably the best of them.

What are your thoughts about this ? I usually buy my music on Beatport (and very few ones on iTunes), always on MP3s, and i spend most of the time 30€ a month or more... As Beatport has exclusive tracks, do they get the tracks very lately ? I'm in France so i wonder if i will get very Americans selections on there or is it more international ? (i hope everyone understands what i try to say )

I feel very interested in this way of purchasing tracks, but i don't feel very shure about it
    3 x CDJ 2000 Nexus, DJM 900 Nexus, Sennheiser HD 25 II, S-DJ05 Speakers
    Macbook Pro 15" Mid 2010 - Midi Fighter Spectra - Ableton Live 9

Tech Mentor

I live in the US and have been a member of zipdj since last year. They are based out of Canada and have a wide varity of genres from Pop, Hip Hop, R&B, Country, Rock, Electro/Prog House, some Trance & Dubstep as well as many others. I still find myself buying a few tunes from iTunes or Beatport if they do not have them. I am not sure what you mean by international tracks, if you want to send me a list of artist & tracks I can search the website and let you know if they have them. I believe you can do a trail subscription as well that way you can search the site and listen to tracks but you cannot download them so you can decide whether you want to join.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by DJ G-REG View Post
    I live in the US and have been a member of zipdj since last year. They are based out of Canada and have a wide varity of genres from Pop, Hip Hop, R&B, Country, Rock, Electro/Prog House, some Trance & Dubstep as well as many others. I still find myself buying a few tunes from iTunes or Beatport if they do not have them. I am not sure what you mean by international tracks, if you want to send me a list of artist & tracks I can search the website and let you know if they have them. I believe you can do a trail subscription as well that way you can search the site and listen to tracks but you cannot download them so you can decide whether you want to join.
    Ive been using them three years. Their trial sub is 30 dollars for the first month. After that they will typically offer you better deals for month packages than their standard rates. I also dont understand what "International" means. If you are looking for vocalists, and other language version of songs, you most likely wont find there.

They are partnered with some of the larger name Music Groups in the world, the variety is extreme, and they regularly re throw out already released tracks from a few months ago etc as they regain popularity on charts etc. If i REALLY need some kind of old track ill go to beatport.. but as for the most part the crowds I play for want to hear new, different and .. well again new music.. I really dont blow my wallet on 2.99 a piece songs anymore.

With unlimited downloads, a variety of genres I dont think you can really go wrong... I downloaded around 300 tunes last month. Only a few songs that I knew of I wanted last month were not on zipdj. But will most likely be on there next month. So 30 bucks over 900 works for me heh

Tech Wizard

Default Cool !

Quote Originally Posted by DJ G-REG View Post
    I was thinking of French Vocals songs or something like that, but i don't think i'll find them like said. I think i'm gonna go first for a month of trial yes, but you have to pay the first month, no free trial apparently..

Quote Originally Posted by balakoth View Post
    Ive been using them three years. Their trial sub is 30 dollars for the first month. After that they will typically offer you better deals for month packages than their standard rates. I also dont understand what "International" means. If you are looking for vocalists, and other language version of songs, you most likely wont find there.

They are partnered with some of the larger name Music Groups in the world, the variety is extreme, and they regularly re throw out already released tracks from a few months ago etc as they regain popularity on charts etc. If i REALLY need some kind of old track ill go to beatport.. but as for the most part the crowds I play for want to hear new, different and .. well again new music.. I really dont blow my wallet on 2.99 a piece songs anymore.

With unlimited downloads, a variety of genres I dont think you can really go wrong... I downloaded around 300 tunes last month. Only a few songs that I knew of I wanted last month were not on zipdj. But will most likely be on there next month. So 30 bucks over 900 works for me heh
    I see ! Looks like there's plenty of music there ! I like the fact that they bring back tracks thare are gaining popularity, good to know !

I was thinking.. are you paying the whole year once a time, or are you engaging to pay every month a bit less ? They have month package but it's a bit expensive if you pay the whole year same month i guess ! (Didn't compare euro/Dollar price )

Also i was counting on that site to find knew music easily in other genres, for the moment, i'm a lot into Electro And Progressive House, but i start to go in very different genres sometimes like House, Deep House or Tech House; Hip-Hop and RnB; or even Drum&Bass.. So is it a good portal to find knew music and not spending hours on there ?!

That was actually a big point that decided me to go into a Record Pool, going everywhere, in every genre etc on Beatport is like ruining your budget ! Arg

Thanks for all these answers already

Wheres the drum n bass?
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by hellnegative View Post
    Wheres the drum n bass?
    Donna, thought there were some, didnt look closely..

Quote Originally Posted by hellnegative View Post
    Wheres the drum n bass?
    I just became a member of http://crateconnect.net I'm not into drum n bass but they seem to have enough new releases.

zipdj isn't really a drum n bass pool, lot of mainstream stuff

Zipdj is nice, easy search function a lot of different styles but at the end i didn't use it that much. now trying out crate connect and i had some nice finds on there from different styles of music. Bit slower listening then zipdj. but still ok and the same as zipdj you can download in zip files. and for 15 dollars a month it's not a bad deal. And it got a lot of re edits intros member remixes etc.

And for my latin stuff http://www.latinosunidosonline.net/ but they have a real large collection of house music. i believe i paid 180 dollars for a year. For pre listening it's not that good but if you don't mind having the the tunes a bit later at the end of the month you can download a whole genre in one big zip file. enough mainstream stuff in there as well.

at the end i pay for 2 pools the same as zipdj in a year even with the disscount they give you this month, and crateconnect i can get out any time i want.

But nothing bad about zipdj i liked it but crateconnect gave me something new for now.
    Last edited by souldancer; 06-25-2013 at 11:39 PM.
    http://soundcloud.com/thom-b/
    2011-04-14-the-corners-of-my

KONTROL S8, 2x KONTROL D2, XONE DB4, traktor audio 10, kontrol x1, pioneer hdj 2000, software traktor scratch pro 2 & ableton suite 9

Tech Convert

In a perfect world I would love to be able to afford up to four pools just so I can get everything I want and need, but that costs a lot, so with this said I have found and stuck with zipdj cuz its reliable, fast, I think faster now cuz they upped their servers I heard through the musical grapevine.

For my gigs I need variety, high quality sound, and legal tracks. Not to mention someone always gets back to me which isn't something I can say for other sites. Since I can only afford one and I since I play a lot of house, dance, and tech-house I'm good with zipdj too. plus it looks so much more pro than other pools which at times I wonder where my money is going. just sayin'

Tech Convert

btw anyone know just how many labels zipdj has cuz it seems like a lot?

Tech Wizard

yeah, totally agree with that, i think best would be multiple pools, but that's a bit unaffordable for everyone x)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast