The Process of Selling a Used Kontrol S4?
    Tech Guru

Default The Process of Selling a Used Kontrol S4?

Hello all,

I'm finally parting with my S4 and moving to the Z2. I have not yet purchased the Z2 and would rather sell my s4 after the purchase but funds are short right now. I am kind of scared to give up my traktor license in case if a gig comes up during the change over period.

I am wondering what I should do to make sure the buyer of my S4 doesn't have any difficulties. So far I have identified the following and want input from other ppl who have gone through this experience.

1. Unregister the hardware from my name (where do I do this?)
    2. Contact NI to unregister the software from my name. (Will I lose my traktor collection or settings if I reinstall a new version of traktor that comes with the Z2?)

3. more of a question...Should I just not go through the hassle of unregistering and then re-registering a version of traktor? Will I run into any errors?

I hope someone can help me out.

Thanks in advance

Tech Guru

You shouldn't be taking any gigs during the transition period.

Go to NI's website and support to unregister the software. You'll lose the key. Honestly, if the buyer is willing to wait, I'd suggest just giving him the Z2 key to make your life easier. I don't think you'll lose the settings though. You'll just get downgraded to the trial version (don't uninstall Traktor).

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50 View Post
    You shouldn't be taking any gigs during the transition period.

Go to NI's website and support to unregister the software. You'll lose the key. Honestly, if the buyer is willing to wait, I'd suggest just giving him the Z2 key to make your life easier. I don't think you'll lose the settings though. You'll just get downgraded to the trial version (don't uninstall Traktor).
    If you uninstall Traktor it generally keeps all your settings and collection files as well as all the cue points/analysed tracks etc etc.

Tech Guru

Thanks for the input, I would ideally like to keep my copy of traktor, I will probably offer a discount or just sell the hardware. Do I need to un-register the hardware?

I will still have my audio 8 so I can play on stuff at the clubs but if I don't have traktor then I have to do the whole rekordbox thing which would be quite a pain for one gig.