Who has made the switch from Controllers to DVS?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Who has made the switch from Controllers to DVS?

Heyy all!

First Post! Just made the switch from a Numark Mixtrack Pro to a Xone 22, (1) Turntable, Traktor A6 and a Kontrol F1. I am loving every minute of it. For some reason whenever i show up to gigs, people take me way more serious now that I am bringing out turntables and mixers instead of a small "toy like" controller. I noticed this about a year ago when i was DJing a college party with my friends turntable setup, and everyone was so into the music the first night. Then the second night i brought out the Mixtrack for the convenience and no one reacted at all. It was like no one was interested in listening to a DJ who was just rubbing on a plastic controller. I was wondering if there is anyone else who has made the switch? and how do people look at you as a DJ now that you have made the switch?

Thanks,
    Mooger

Tech Mentor

Chicks dig vinyl. It's a fact.

Schalenberg

And boners.

Tech Mentor

I will let you know when my TTs arrive!

Quote Originally Posted by dj_moog View Post
    Heyy all!

First Post! Just made the switch from a Numark Mixtrack Pro to a Xone 22, (1) Turntable, Traktor A6 and a Kontrol F1. I am loving every minute of it. For some reason whenever i show up to gigs, people take me way more serious now that I am bringing out turntables and mixers instead of a small "toy like" controller. I noticed this about a year ago when i was DJing a college party with my friends turntable setup, and everyone was so into the music the first night. Then the second night i brought out the Mixtrack for the convenience and no one reacted at all. It was like no one was interested in listening to a DJ who was just rubbing on a plastic controller. I was wondering if there is anyone else who has made the switch? and how do people look at you as a DJ now that you have made the switch?

Thanks,
    Mooger
    Start using Serato Scratch Live then people will know your not syncing :P don't let me see you using the bridge either haha welcome man

Tech Mentor

I got a Z2 a few weeks ago and now search for turntables after using my friends Technics last weekend. I was using a S2 but looking to go the DVS route and sell the S2. I had a lot more fun on the TTs than I ever have on my S2.

Tech Guru

never noticed anything different from the crowd.......doesn't matter if it's cdj's, techs, or controller. Obviously important people like managers, owners, and promoters are more likely to take you more seriously.....a lot of them either started as DJ's or still DJ. That kinda falls under the idea of if you pay good money to a "professional" photographer to take pics at your event and they show up with a disposable camera.......right or wrong your first impression is to not take them all that seriously.

I can't wait to switch back from my dvs setup to a controller...but only for convenience and space saving. I don't gig out anymore. But honestly no one cares...look at zedd and porter. They were rockin the s4 and still became famous.

Maybe you just play boring music? If the music you're playing doesn't get people dancing...then play better music? Don't matter what you have, it's how you use it. People would go see Carl Cox if he was spinning with the "dj mouse" if he could do the same things he does on cdjs.

Tech Mentor

I definitely made the switch after having it a lifelong dream as a kid to be a Vinyl DJ.

I only got my first controller this month, and after using it for hours straight day after day, I'm deciding to return it.

I'm buying a pair of Stanton STR8-80's and I'll be saving up for the Traktor Z2, can't wait to complete my set!

Tech Mentor

Am i the only one around here that doesn't classify someone using DVS as a vinyl DJ?
    Macbook Pro, TP 2.6, 2* Kontrol X1, A&H xone:92, NI Maschine, 2* KRK Rokit 5s, Sennheiser HD 25-II
    http://www.mixcloud.com/_volpe/

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast