Flying with a controller - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

put it back in the box it came with if you still have it... then stuff some clothes to brace the controller still, and finally take it as a carry on. I personally would never trust it in a suitcase, we all know how people mistreat luggage at the airport... and quite frankly I dont trust anyone with my equipment.

if you dont have the box, then by all means, buy one.

goodluck!!

Tech Mentor

Actually quite a fair question; I have this bag and want to fly with it as well, but I'm scared to send it as normal lugage as I think it will get manhandled and trashed by the airport guys and it's to big to take with me as handlugage. Is there, besides buying a flightcase, a solution to this?

Flight case will the best idea.

You should see theyre face when they ask me whats in my bag before searching it (due to the xray image being blocked by 60+ rekkids) and I say records, headphones, and needles. I always get a gasp.... You cant bring needles on an airplane. I just laugh at their ignorance and let em search my bag.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Flying with the Hercules RMX was a hoot, the steel "block" inside must have looked mighty suspicious and warranted it going through 3 or 4 times in every airport. That along with needing to take out to scan individually

Hercules RMX itself
    Macbook
    Netbook
    Chargers
    Batteries (camera)
    DSLR Camera
    Nanokontrol
    USB Hub
    Power Convertor
    Headphones
    Soundcard

They also wanted the bag put through separately due to the metal re-enforcement in it

If you've got an NS7 or an SX then all you really need is enough speed to get some lift.

In all seriousness, bubblewrap.
    For Sale: Handmade Custom DJ Cables - RCA / TRS / XLR!
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1
    Latest Mix: June Progressive House (Soundcloud)

I've flown with small controllers a lot in Australia, a surprising amount of Airport Security guards usually know exactly what they are...

That said I always take mine as carry on luggage that way I can ensure it's not thrown around.

I've taken a Hercules RMX, DJ Tech Dragon 2, S2... all no dramas, packed exactly the same way as you're mentioning.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12