Korg Nanopad2 - How to map XY Pad

Default Korg Nanopad2 - How to map XY Pad

Hey guys, first post here. I bought a nanopad2 a couple months ago, and have been using it along for my sets on traktor, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to map the XY pad. Any help guys?

Quote Originally Posted by willywongka View Post
    Hey guys, first post here. I bought a nanopad2 a couple months ago, and have been using it along for my sets on traktor, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to map the XY pad. Any help guys?
    each time u use the XY pad it's going to be sending out 2 midi messages. using learn in traktor will only help with the 2nd one it sends. u might be able to isolate them by using the very extreme side of the pad, vertically for one and horiz to get the other.

if not you'll have to use something like midi-ox to dump out what midi it is sending and then manually add it in traktor.

a quick google for the user guide says u can specify what CCs u want it to send out using the nano editor
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Student

I hope this is helpful.

When you open up the Korg editor you can adjust the send for x-y, but if you didn't adjust anything(at least in my case -mac) they were set to:

(x)
    Ch1->CC->001

And

(y)
    Ch1->CC->002

You could also set the editor to "learn" mode to see what they are set to if you don't want to lose other portions of your mapping by fiddling around to much. As @Zestoi said.

Default Nanopad2 XY assignment...

Can someone help me here? I've got the Nanopad2 connected, drivers installed, the "pads" can be assigned in the Editor... but... I can't seem to figure out how to assign continuous controller numbers to the X/Y Trackpad. In the editor, I can click on a "pad" and it pulls up a window that allows the entry of all the particular information related to what it is I'm trying to control (i.e. CC number, note number...). But... the "click-and-enter-info" method that works with the drum pads does not work with the XY pad.

How do I get the CC numbers programmed to the X and Y directions of the pad?

Chip

Quote Originally Posted by djtempo7 View Post
    Can someone help me here? I've got the Nanopad2 connected, drivers installed, the "pads" can be assigned in the Editor... but... I can't seem to figure out how to assign continuous controller numbers to the X/Y Trackpad. In the editor, I can click on a "pad" and it pulls up a window that allows the entry of all the particular information related to what it is I'm trying to control (i.e. CC number, note number...). But... the "click-and-enter-info" method that works with the drum pads does not work with the XY pad.

How do I get the CC numbers programmed to the X and Y directions of the pad?

Chip
    Yeah, I scratched my head over this when I was first playing around, but it is in the manual. Dunno if you've already solved it, but I'll post here in case anyone googles it and needs answers....

So, in the Control Editor window it defaults to the Scene 1 screen, but I guess the xy pad doesn't change with with the Scenes (it's 'Global' on the controller) so you need to open the Global settings by clicking the top-right 'Global' button. This opens the 'Global' window, where you can navigate to the 'xy' tab to adjust the settings of the xy-pad.

Attachment 18813

Attachment 18814