Any sushi lovers around?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 44
  1. #1
    Tech Guru Polygon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A salt mine in Michigan
    Posts
    1,275

    Default Any sushi lovers around?

    I could literally live of sushi.. day and night..
    The only problem is... that the nearest restaurant is about 200km from me.

    Solution?
    Do it myself! 5 years of practice cooking japanese foods, incl. sushi, are showing the results :P

    here's a pic of what i did a year or so ago for a friend's birthday party




    Shoo, any other sushi/japanese cuisine lovers out there?
    Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    I only use VINYL flooring. Rugs are for cheaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

  2. #2
    Schalenberg
    Guest

    Default

    I LOVE SUSHI! The Mrs. isn't a fan, so when I get it eat it, it's a treat. Great work, btw!

  3. #3
    Tech Guru Kwal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    3,066

    Default

    I am a sushi hater 100 percent, I can't tolerate it lol.

    But as for you, that does look like you did a pretty good job, something I couldn't do myself

  4. #4
    Tech Guru VanGogo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    L.A. (lower Alabama)
    Posts
    1,918

    Default

    Wow looks great! Need to put that in the Food Porn thread.

    I made sushi once, http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthr...t=34299&page=7

    Where I live you can't throw a rock without hitting a sushi place. There are 4 sushi places less than a mile from my house, and many more around the city.

  5. #5
    Tech Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    FL, USA
    Posts
    2,122

    Default

    American sushi or real sushi?

    Love American sushi lol. Real sushi, bit too bland for me.

  6. #6
    DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    6,493

    Default

    Sushi has always been kinda meh to me but gf got me into it for the last year

  7. #7
    Tech Guru Kwal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    3,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VanGogo View Post
    Wow looks great! Need to put that in the Food Porn thread.

    I made sushi once, http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthr...t=34299&page=7

    Where I live you can't throw a rock without hitting a sushi place. There are 4 sushi places less than a mile from my house, and many more around the city.
    LA? It's like that here in Chicago too

    It's the cool thing to do here apparently.
    Last edited by Kwal; 07-01-2013 at 11:28 AM. Reason: typo

  8. #8
    Tech Guru Patch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    6,374

    Default

    I could LIVE off sushi too. I absolutely adore it.

    I wish I knew a safe way to freeze/thaw/prepare it.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

    Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

  9. #9
    Tech Guru Polygon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A salt mine in Michigan
    Posts
    1,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nudedudewithattitude View Post
    I LOVE SUSHI! The Mrs. isn't a fan, so when I get it eat it, it's a treat. Great work, btw!
    Well shame about that :P At least treats are always tastier than "regular food" hehe

    Quote Originally Posted by Kwal View Post
    I am a sushi hater 100 percent, I can't tolerate it lol.

    But as for you, that does look like you did a pretty good job, something I couldn't do myself
    Thanks! Why exactly do you hate it if i may ask? nori algae? raw fish?

    Quote Originally Posted by VanGogo View Post
    Wow looks great! Need to put that in the Food Porn thread.

    I made sushi once, http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthr...t=34299&page=7

    Where I live you can't throw a rock without hitting a sushi place. There are 4 sushi places less than a mile from my house, and many more around the city.
    ENVIOOOOUS
    also, the sushi you posted pics of looks gorgeous!

    Quote Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50 View Post
    American sushi or real sushi?

    Love American sushi lol. Real sushi, bit too bland for me.
    Well i do find "real" japanese-traditional sushi to be a bit bland, and i do prefer the stronger flavors of occidental sushi, but sometimes complexity just takes away the magic of the simple, traditional sushi

    Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    Sushi has always been kinda meh to me but gf got me into it for the last year
    I still can't convince my girlfriend to eat it.. "eeew raw fish"

    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    I could LIVE off sushi too. I absolutely adore it.

    I wish I knew a safe way to freeze/thaw/prepare it.
    Glad to hear!
    You're probably talking about the fish here?
    Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    I only use VINYL flooring. Rugs are for cheaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

  10. #10
    Tech Guru Kwal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    3,066

    Default

    Texture of it gets me, my body shuts down all types of seafood, cooked or raw lol.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •