Great, Cheap PA systems?

Default Great, Cheap PA systems?

Im trying to save up for a pa system but im not sure where to look. if you could please let me know what you use, the average price, and how you like it. i would be so grateful!

Welcome to the forum!

So, what kind of budget are you looking at? Because you can get a 2.2 system for no more than 500$, but you can also get one for 10.000$. The quality of the sound depends on the budget you're willing to pay.
    What are you using it for?
    Give us some info
    Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    I only use VINYL flooring. Rugs are for cheaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

Tech Guru

The B52 Matrix 1000v2 system is about $1k out the door, with stands and longer cables. This will handle events to about 150 people.

The RCF 312A are reasonable tops. Add in a Yorkville 701p. With cables, stands, etc...this is about $2k out the door. This will handle events to 200 people.

These recommendations have proven to be reliable, and good value for money across a wide range of applications. These are both "entry level" systems. There is not a lot to recommend that is significantly cheaper/smaller than these. There are other reasonable systems in those price points, but there is also a LOT of junk. When you budget hits about $5k, there are a LOT of options that are good value for money.
    Denon X1600, NI X1 Mk1 & Mk2, MF Twister
    Kontrol S2, Maschine Mk1, APC 40
    Retired: VCI-100 Arcade (Signed #198/300))
    BFM 10x DR200 & 10x Titan 39

Quote Originally Posted by Polygon View Post
    Welcome to the forum!

So, what kind of budget are you looking at? Because you can get a 2.2 system for no more than 500$, but you can also get one for 10.000$. The quality of the sound depends on the budget you're willing to pay.
    What are you using it for?
    Give us some info
    well im not sure what my budget would be, im just looking for a pa system that is portable enough to fit in my small 06 2 door cobalt trunk, im hoping i can find something cheap and can last a beginner level performer a good amount of gigs, ive done birthday parties of around 40 people for some friends with my guitar amp and a numark mixtrack. but im wanting to get better sound and im wanting to find better gigs. ill be a junior in high school and im working a small job so i cant buy anything huge yet im currently saving up for a kontrol s4 because i sold my mixtrack for a launchpad. might be too much info but oh well. im just looking to get good equipment that i wont need to "upgrade" for a long time. thank you for your help!

+1 on RCF 312a's and a sub.