Mapping Traktor 2.6.2 Remix Deck Slots/Cells according to page state of Remix Deck ?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Mapping Traktor 2.6.2 Remix Deck Slots/Cells according to page state of Remix Deck ?

I am very happy with the new direct cell mapping of the Remix Decks in Traktor it is quite awesome! I am in the process of mapping out my A&H K2 to play each of the cells in the remix decks and I am wondering if anyone would know the answer to my question....

It seems I can map the cells directly but with the K2 and not using a Modifier I am limited to the top page of cells regardless of the page state. I am able to scroll up and down the page state of the remix decks but since the cells are directly mapped individually scrolling to the bottom 3 pages still plays the top page. I know I might be asking for a bit much but does anyone know how to assign each slot to play based on the page of the remix decks?

Tech Guru

There is a modifier called "Sample Page Selector", which has the values of Page 1-4. So instead of mapping to slots 1-16 directly, map to slots 1-4 and use the Sample Page Selector modifier to modulate that out to 16 clip triggers.

Yes, that means that you'll have 4 commands for each trigger (8 if you're also doing LED feedback). One command per slot trigger times 4 possible pages.

Thanks for the reply, I am looking now....

So far I see the Sample Page Modifier in the Remix Decks list and indeed I do have it so it scrolls the pages 1-4. However I am getting lost when it comes to assigning the modifier.

Am I to add the Sample Page Selector modifier condition in mapping details to the existing Sample Page Selector assignment? If it would not be a bother, would you mind elaborating a bit more? I will continue to tinker with it as well...I promise to share my K2 Mapping on here when its done!

Screen Shot 2013-07-02 at 3.58.55 PM.jpg

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Add your modifier to the actual sample cell triggers!

1-4 page 1
    5-8 page 2
    9-12 page 3
    13-16 page 4

Use page selector command to change between remix deck pages and if your modifier is assigned correctly for all sells the triggers should follow.

WORKS!!!

THANK YOU! You are a genius!

This will be very time consuming but once its done I will be super happy. Could not have done it without your advice!

Thanks Again!

If you are feeling ambitious... How would you recommend mapping the LED's? right now I have it so there is a out command
    Slot 1 Cell 1 State

It just shows me there is a sample loaded but not much else..

I am looking to have the active remix cell blink sort of like I programmed beat phase for my play button on each deck....

THANK U!

I think I got it... Added out for Beat Phase and then Modifier (remix deck slot) / Playing. And then assigned it to the correct deck.

You got me in the middle of typing

Nice one!

Nice. I am mostly at the same place.
    I have playback covered so far as cell trigger, page scrolling, mute and quantize.

I would advice to not try to get the LED feedback to fancy (i.e. RED == loaded, AMBER == WAITING , GREEN == PLAYING).
    I tried so and failed, due to the K2's way of mixing up interleaved commands for the LED control.
    I will stick with single LED.

Yeah, from the people's input that I've seen in this forum the K2 output isn't very mapping friendly. Never tried one myself though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast