Pitch calibration problems with technics 1210 Mk2 - Zero point area

Default Pitch calibration problems with technics 1210 Mk2 - Zero point area

Hi everyone!

I was wondering if you could share some knowledge. To be frank, I'm pretty useless when it comes to the technical side of 1210s and I've spent the last 5 hours eyeballing my 1210's and trying all sorts of things.

Firstly, I had a problem with 2 zero points. So I re-calibrated each of the turntables and that seems to have worked. No longer do I have 2 zero points - so I was pretty happy about that! However, I think this adjustment has effected my pitch range on the + side. On one of my turntables, the pitch range runs smoothly from 0 to -8, but the pitch moves much slower from 0 to +8. In fact, the pitch does not even change from zero point until +1.

So the problem I have now, is that I have a zero point area from 0 to +1. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Will it require a completely new pitch fader and pcb? Or do I just need to buy a fader? OR EVEN BETTER, can it be fixed using my original fader?

If any of you can shed some light on this, I will be a happy happy man!!!

Cheers!

Ive only just got some technics 1210mk2's. 1 i have had 2 weeks and had problems with it to do with the pitch IC chips. I've had into a repair place today, all the IC chips had dry joints on them probably because of it being stored in the attic for many years. Also possible have something to do with the dodgy repair on the power cable, they all needed re-soldering. Any way the guy said if there is something wrong with 1 or more of the Pitch IC chips you will never get it to calibrate properly. To calibrate the + & -8% range there is a blue pot on the top right of the pcb under ther plastic cover under the platter, thats how you adjust the range, but to do it properly i read the service manual on line and you need a frequency meter or a good multi meter able to read frequency as there are 2 pins on the board you put your meter across and you adjust the blue pot to the correct frequency which is around 262.09 kHz, see this web page here: http://www.sisoundandlight.co.uk/200...on-zero-point/ hope that helps a little..
    MacBook Pro 17" | 1 x Kontrol S4 | 2 x Technics 1210mk2 | Ortofon Elektro's | TSP | Facebook Soundcloud Mixcloud

^ I cannot find his other pitch adjust post anywhere...problem with this is that you can set that to 262.08 BUT you will still need to adjust the pitch assembly itself...and once you have it back to factory settings you can turn that baby all the way up and get around 12-13% range on it!
    --> (2) Technics 1200 mk2, (1) Technics 1200 m3d, (1) Technics 1200 mk5, Pioneer DJM-S9, Rokit 5 Monitors, BX8 Monitor, TSP2, SDJ, DJP4M (DjProForMac), 2015 Macbook Pro (Quad Core i7 2.5ghz, 16GB RAM, 2GB AMD-R9, 1GB SSD) <--