DJ Midi Controller Decision Help!
    Tech Convert

Default DJ Midi Controller Decision Help!

I'm eventually going to work my way up to getting a Xone:92 running 2 A&H K2's and Traktor but for now as hours at work have shortened I need to purchase a midi controller. I'm debating between either the Allen & Heath XoneX or the Pioneer DDJ-T1. My problem is that I want to get familiar with the A&H mixer as I've always practiced on a DJM-800 and could use familiarity. The other problem is that the XoneX runs Serato itch when I'm trying to switch over to Traktor! I wouldn't go with an S4 or other mixers as I'd rather be completely comfortable using strictly a Pioneer or A&H mixer, but I'm barely making the switch to Traktor as well. What do you guys think would be the best choice?

Tech Mentor

The xone dx works quite nicely with traktor I believe a few people on this very forum have created mapings for it

Why not start with just the k2s which can be mapped to do most/all stuff in traktor... At least you're building towards dream set up then...
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

+1
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Yep. A decent mixer is the biggest investment you will make in djing so i would agree withthe lads here, grab those K2's now and start saving
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Convert

Thanks guys, guess I better start getting used to mapping... haha

I'm for the K2 route. Stay away from the DX, no matter how cheap you find them for.
    Cheers!
    | 13" rMBP | KORG ZERO4 | NOVATION TWITCH | 2 X CDJ-200 | KONTROL X1 |

Are you planning to use 2 or 4 decks? Otherwise you can buy the K2's and a cheap 2 channel mixer. When the time is right (you have enough money ) you can buy the xone 92 and keep the 2 channel mixer as backup. For 4 deck-mixing, you will need an extra sound card though.
    DJM-750 | 2 x Technics 1200 | Audio 10 | Midifighter Classic | Midifighter Twister | Kontrol X1|  MBP 13"

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by NoizeImpact View Post
    Are you planning to use 2 or 4 decks? Otherwise you can buy the K2's and a cheap 2 channel mixer. When the time is right (you have enough money ) you can buy the xone 92 and keep the 2 channel mixer as backup. For 4 deck-mixing, you will need an extra sound card though.
    To be honest, I'm quite indecisive when its coming to purchasing my setup. I'd rather build towards my ultimate setup but I'm having a hard time choosing between

1. Pioneer DJM-900Nexus + 2 CDJ2000Nexus + Maschine + Traktor
    2. Allen & Heath Xone:92 + K2 + Lemur + Traktor

I've barely begun to see that the midi capabilities aren't that great with the Xone:92 and Traktor though? Maybe I read it from some shoobie I'm going to be spinning tech house mostly, and I'm definitely an audiophile but I still want to have the remixing/effects capabilities. I'm still new to all this so hopefully you guys can lead me in the right direction.