Learning BOMES with an APC40..?
    Tech Mentor

Default Learning BOMES with an APC40..?

I recently bought an APC40, then I saw a couple of different videos using BOMES to get really cool functionality out the APC40.

So like many, I bought BOMES. However I am having a hard time getting started. Some of the guys posting video are selling presets now. I would buy a video tutorial on setting up Bomes with an APC40, but I just can't imagine buying somebodys presets when I set up Ableton so much differently.

So I need some guidence and hopfully I can find some here as well as the countless others who are looking, and have done exactly what I just described.

I want to start with something small, and then maybe move on from there.

How do I make the Bank Select on the APC40 scroll when pressed?

Tech Mentor

Hi Juan,

Have i sent you mine? If not i can happily, i stopped sending it out to everyone as people wanted me to troubleshoot their systems for them to get the template working and many were unable due to not having bomes or live 8 so my time was being wasted.....

I asked for donations rather than charging as i found people who contributed were more happy to put some work into getting under the skin and help with its development..... pm me if you want to be one those people!

If you want to start building your own i think the scroll is a great place to start, you need to do a search on the BOMES forums for rules for timers, basically when the note on message is recieved by bomes the output is to repeat the message until a note off at a rate determined by you....

Cheers
    D

Tech Mentor

Let me back up and start with something extra basic but super important.

In Live Preferences:
    should I have the APC40 as the control surface, Midi Translator Input 1 as the INPUT and OUTPUT

Which boxes should i tick below that?

Tech Mentor

So I discovered the Beta 1.7 for Mac OSX that has multiple inputs etc.

It's only for 5 days???

Still cant get some of the shared APC40 Templates to work, or make much progress on my own at all.

Tech Mentor

The beta will still work if you move your system date back, Florian ius usually very good with updating the beta's so your not left stranded....

Best bit of software i've ever bought!

Cheers
    D