New to DJ looking to buy these controllers opinions

Default New to DJ looking to buy these controllers opinions

Hi I am looking forward to buy a controller, I am new to Djing so I would like if someone could give an opinion on these controllers.
    Behringer cmd4a
    DDJ-WeGO
    Mixtrack Pro 2

Forget the pioneer.

The question here is if you want to have 2 decks with serato, or 4 decks with deckadance. The 8 hotcue pads are a blessing on the MTP2, but they are awkwardly positioned over the platter, making it prone to accidental scratching when button mashing.
    The studio 4a is a great controller, check the CMD thread for more info, the guys there really know their way

I would personally go with the MTP2 since i'm so used to serato, and i don't like deckadance that much
    Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    I only use VINYL flooring. Rugs are for cheaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

Tech Mentor

Don't get the Studio 4A, I returned mine as soon as I got. It was pretty disappointing for me, the buttons were plastic and really unnatural to me, the scratch wheels got very dirty very fast because of the surface metal style it's made out of (see here: http://i.imgur.com/MeReSnp.jpg), and the effect controls + volume faders + fader + pitch control responded very slowly and glitchy at times in Deckadance for some reason.

As well, the hot cues, I never really used more than 3 of them, the extra 5 were unnecessary.

At your stance, I'd go with the American Audio VMS 4.1 with Traktor software at a price of $288 from UniqueSquared (http://www.uniquesquared.com/america...h-traktor.html) or the Denon DMC3000, both are great.

And the DDJ-WeGo, that thing is a joke.

Reloop Beatmix with VDJ is a decent controller in that price bracket. 2 channels, big jogwheels, good build quality.

To answer your question and not throw more controllers at you, the cmd has a lot of info on it here, check it out. Personally, I think the MTP2 looks like a great controller to start on. It has all the features you need to learn on, as well as some other things for you to grow into (those hot cue pads). Make a list of what you want in a controller, and what you need, and then compare those 2. Forget the weegoo unless you are 5-10 years old, and want a toy for christmas.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.