Diesel generator for small party in field - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMoleyMole View Post
    Hahaha hah not sure what the speakers are. It's only a little gathering for a few mates, it's my stag do. It can't be too loud but we want music. Taking laptop s4 maybe a small beer fridge, that amp and speakers. I'll find out what they are.

As for the straight comment.... Are the people that don't understand it in the UK, and are you just being funny or do you really not understand
    I'm in the UK and literally had NO fucking clue what he meant... at first I had all sorts of weird mental imagery about it being a "crank-type" hand generator and something about pistons, and then eventually I realised he wasn't talking about sexuality whatsoever. Still not 100% sure what he ACTUALLY meant, although I'm assuming - like someone said above - that he meant someone who was sober lol.
    For Sale: Handmade Custom DJ Cables - RCA / TRS / XLR!
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1
    Latest Mix: June Progressive House (Soundcloud)

draw your own conclusions.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Ok so as far as running audio and computer equipment off a genny it's safe.... I'm Thinking surge protected sockets at least?
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Yep, that Jenny has more than enough juice to run your stuff. I would suggest setting it up at least 10m away from your gear, down a bank or something. It should have surge protection already but definitely use a rubust surge strip to plug into.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

I am interested in this as well as it looks like I am going to be using a gearator for an up coming gig in a park (bike race). I am not worried about the power draw on the gearator as it has been used for systems twice as big as mine with more kit, but I am worried about protecting from power surges will a simple surge protected power board protect my laptop, sound card and mixer.

And beer fridge whats wroung with using a esky sorry beer cooler or cool box depending where your are congrats on getting married.

Just saw jesters post after posting good to know a board will cut it.
    Last edited by slinkydisc; 07-07-2013 at 06:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by slinkydisc View Post
    I am interested in this as well as it looks like I am going to be using a gearator for an up coming gig in a park (bike race). I am not worried about the power draw on the gearator as it has been used for systems twice as big as mine with more kit, but I am worried about protecting from power surges will a simple surge protected power board protect my laptop, sound card and mixer.

And beer fridge whats wroung with using a esky sorry beer cooler or cool box depending where your are congrats on getting married.

Just saw jesters post after posting good to know a board will cut it.
    An under-rated generator can - and probably will - damage your equipment. I can't see any possible way that an over-rated one could, however. As long as the voltage is matched (you're not plugging a 24V device into a 240V generator), then the ball - when it comes to current flow - is in the court of the device, not the generator. The laptop/amp/etc pulls power FROM the generator, the generator doesn't push it out to the devices.
    For Sale: Handmade Custom DJ Cables - RCA / TRS / XLR!
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1
    Latest Mix: June Progressive House (Soundcloud)

Tech Mentor

Ok that makes sense, I just don't want to blow up my gear.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123