Diesel generator for small party in field
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Diesel generator for small party in field

Alright people.

Having a small outdoor gathering in a field in UK. I have access to a generator which i think is rated at about 6kw.

We have a small PA system running off this amp http://cpc.farnell.com/1/1/36886-pow...stageline.html

There will be a few lights but nothing major at all. All LED style lights so shouldnt be a massive draw of power.

I'm presuming this is plenty of power that this amp is giving out?

Is there anything i need to be aware of? The generator has mains sockets built into it into which i was going to plug surge protected sockets before any of the kit.

Any do's and don'ts?
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

That generator could power ten of those amps. I think the question is will that amp be enough for an outdoor event? 600 watts max is like bookshelf system power.
    Toshiba Satellite Windows 8.1, TSP2, Audio 10, Audio 2, 2x Technics 1200 MKII, Pioneer DJM-707, Midi Fighter Spectra, Kontrol X1, Behringer CMD PL-1

buy extra gas / have backup fuses . having a alternate power source wouldn't be a bad idea ether. also make sure the volume of your system is louder than the generator when its running and have a spot set aside for the generator where its well ventilated and no one is going to trip over power cords.

Assign a straight person to generator duty *wink*
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Make sure you place the generator away from the people. Generator = Fumes and noise.

Use long extension cords to keep it at a distance.

What speakers are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    Assign a straight person to generator duty *wink*
    Who would want THAT job??!!

Agreed though!
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Quote Originally Posted by kooper1980 View Post
    Who would want THAT job??!!

Agreed though!
    Am I the only person who doesn't understand why someone who's gay can't work the generator? :-\
    For Sale: Handmade Custom DJ Cables - RCA / TRS / XLR!
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1
    Latest Mix: June Progressive House (Soundcloud)

i'm confused as well..... don't get it twisted i got a wife and kids.... but my sound engineer is gay and so are my graphic design guys whats the big deal?

It's gotta be some kinda American euphemism I'm guessing lol. He can't ACTUALLY mean that gay people shouldn't run the gennies, that'd just be flat-out weird.
    For Sale: Handmade Custom DJ Cables - RCA / TRS / XLR!
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1
    Latest Mix: June Progressive House (Soundcloud)

I'm no yankee boiyo
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast