Bittorrent bundles: a legit new distribution way for artists, or just a novelty?

Default Bittorrent bundles: a legit new distribution way for artists, or just a novelty?

As of title, what do you guys think of this new bittorent bundle thing? Is it going to catch on?
    Kaskade has released something thru this, but i'm not entirely sure as of what exactly.

I personally see this as a great new way to put out podcasts/demos/previews for both artists and labels equally.

What's your opinion?
    Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    I only use VINYL flooring. Rugs are for cheaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

There is nothing worse than getting a big file of crap you didn't choose and clogging up your library with things you will never play. For this reason I buy all my tracks from the legit sources. When i played vinyl I spent about $100 every week on choons, now it's around $20 and i get twice as many tracks as I used to.

Yes I have used torrents in the past but they were promptly deleted as I couldn't be bothered sorting through all the crap to get to the gems.

After looking into it, it just looks like a way for the artists to get free hosting and bandwidth from your computer, Smart move by the artists considering they don't get much of the money from sales on beatport et, al.

Would I use it... Probably not I still prefer to choose my tracks individually
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Attention: bittorrent bundles are not illegal, in fact they're one of the first legal p2p distribution methods AFAIK.

Agreed on the fact that most stuff in them is crap. But that could change. Think about songs, but containing stems for remixing, acapellas, instrumentals, early demos etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    I only use VINYL flooring. Rugs are for cheaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

Tech Guru

Torrents don't immediately mean bunch of crap with a couple of gems. It's a great way to maximize download speeds. Honestly, everything should be torrent.

Also, torrent =/= illegitimate source. As OP said, KASKADE has personally released via torrents. There are a lot of other places that share via torrent just because it's so much better than FTP (for most people).

beat me to it Polygon :|

I don't think you will ever be able to get the stems of producers who spent years honing their craft before becoming successful, at least not cheaply anyway... And still the chances anyone is kind enough to release their current sound is very slim at any price. but that is a bit off topic
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Tech Guru

Torrenting is just a form of file transfer.. it has NOTHING to do whether something is free or costs money. NOTHING to do with what you're downloading. NOTHING to do with legality.

slvr we got it

If you could get an artists tracks with all sorts of extra goodies (speaking electronic music) that would be fantastic!
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50 View Post
    Also, torrent =/= illegitimate source. As OP said, KASKADE has personally released via torrents.
    What's legitimate about Kaskade? Dude doesn't even spell his own name right.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan