Throwing unlicenced parties in the UK
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Throwing unlicenced parties in the UK

hey guys,
    Been thinking about throwing parties today as it's obviously something that's regarded as important kick starting exposure for yourself as a dj, however I was wondering about throwing illegal raves.

As far as i'm aware, you can't get in trouble if you organise a party through word of mouth and I know ways of doing this, but has anyone got any experience on here from throwing parties or raves away from civilisation?
    There Is obviously a lot of planning involved I know but getting advise of people who are experienced would be greatly appreciated!

Also I'd prefare opinions of people from the UK for obvious reasons

Quote Originally Posted by MeetsMandy View Post
    As far as i'm aware, you can't get in trouble if you organise a party through word of mouth and I know ways of doing this, but has anyone got any experience on here from throwing parties or raves away from civilisation?
    If you don't have a licence, you're getting in trouble. Simples.

There are laws in the UK that prohibit a) drinking alcohol outside of a private residence, and b) playing loud music without an entertainment licence.

If you're asking whether or not you're going to get caught, that's a different story, but either way you're breaking the law. You're better off finding a commercial property that's been on the market for a while (and isn't selling), and begging the owner if you can borrow it for a night. Apply for a temporary licence (~£30 if I remember rightly), and that way you're covered.
    For Sale: Handmade Custom DJ Cables - RCA / TRS / XLR!
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1
    Latest Mix: June Progressive House (Soundcloud)

Tech Mentor

Can you not get a licence for maybe a barn or something?

Tech Mentor

Myles if ur on about barn raves inbox me facebook
    Technics 1210 mk2 Pair, Pioneer DJM600, Traktor Kontrol x1, NI Audio 6, NI Maschine Mikro MK2, MacBook 2009, iPad 2 with Traktor DJ, Pioneer HDJ-500, Shure M447's

Quote Originally Posted by MeetsMandy View Post
    Can you not get a licence for maybe a barn or something?
    You can get a licence for any property, the only question is whether or not it meets health code regulations, and/or whether or not you can persuade the committee to make exceptions.
    For Sale: Handmade Custom DJ Cables - RCA / TRS / XLR!
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1
    Latest Mix: June Progressive House (Soundcloud)

If you are trespassing on property or land in order to have a rave then be aware that you could be committing a criminal offence
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Mentor

Doesn't the UK have specific anti-rave laws from the old acid house days, mates have told me stories of being chased by police helicopters after outdoor raves.

You Island's too crowded put a party on in a field and and someones going to hear it somewhere.

When I lived in the UK we found plenty of legal venues to put parties on in it just takes a little more work.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slinkydisc View Post
    Doesn't the UK have specific anti-rave laws from the old acid house days.
    Public Order Act 1936 and Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994
    Section 16 - Public Assembly - Means an assembly of 20 or more persons in a public place which is wholly or partly open to the air.

"The Anti-Rave Act".

1000 internet points for naming band and album without inspecting the pic url
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Too easy.

But a nice trip down memory lane

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast