Beatgridding a Live Mix in Ableton

Default Beatgridding a Live Mix in Ableton

I am using a set up with 4 traktor decks routed into ableton to record a mix and i have finished recording but the issue i am having is that i did not sync ableton to traktor when recording so now that i am trying to edit my mix in ableton the bpm changes are not recorded. What i am looking for is a better way to beat grid my mix than finding the bpms at points in the mix and penciling them in. Is there any way to automate the bpm while tapping along to the mix?? Thanks in advance
    CC

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Crush View Post
    I am using a set up with 4 traktor decks routed into ableton to record a mix and i have finished recording but the issue i am having is that i did not sync ableton to traktor when recording so now that i am trying to edit my mix in ableton the bpm changes are not recorded. What i am looking for is a better way to beat grid my mix than finding the bpms at points in the mix and penciling them in. Is there any way to automate the bpm while tapping along to the mix?? Thanks in advance
    CC
    are you just using ableton to record the mix?
    If so, you should just export the final mix "unwarped"
    That way Ableton will not try to figure out the BPM of the mix and it will sound proper when exported.

CC

i dont fully understand what your saying but maybe this might help..

you can sync traktors and ableton midi clocks (search youtube dubspot have a good video)
    if you havnt already you need to "warp" your ableton tracks.. (plenty vids on you tube)

here you go ive done your leg work

While i was recording i was just using ableton to record into but now i am trying to edit my mix within ableton. Im resampling some parts, adding delays and reverbs, and the problem is ableton is unaware of the bpm changes during the mix so now while im editing all my effects are out of time and i have to go solely go off the wav forms when resampling which just takes alot longer to do.

While i was recording i was just using ableton to record into but now i am trying to edit my mix within ableton. Im resampling some parts, adding delays and reverbs, and the problem is ableton is unaware of the bpm changes during the mix so now while im editing all my effects are out of time and i have to go solely go off the wav forms when resampling which just takes alot longer to do.
    ableton will just record it as audio with no automation... so to detect the bpm your going to have to warp your whole mix.

if you want to "programme" a mix your probably best just to use ableton as you will have greater control and full automation will be recorded and can be edited...

So my only option would be to warp the entire mix and draw in the bpm changes? i dont want to just program a mix, im trying to find a set up where i can record a live mix and then edit my mistakes and maybe add a little depth to it.