Novation 25SL MkII mapping for Traktor Pro 1.1.1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Novation 25SL MkII mapping for Traktor Pro 1.1.1

Hi guys,

I'm posting my mapping for my Novation 25SL Mk II keyboard here. Please note that it's for Traktor Pro 1.1.1, haven't tried it in 1.2. I've included a text file walking you through the installation and what you'll get after installing it.

It's a combination of a 2 and a 4 deck setup with internal mixing, 4 deck support is limited but there. It also supports 2 FX units in advanced mode.

You have EQ High / Mid / Low, Filter. Volumes, Headphone Cueing, Play/Pause for Decks A - B. You can load the track selected in the browser to either deck A, B, C, D or "the one that's stopped". You can quickly change to "browser mode" (maximizing browser space).

And there's full control for FX decks 1 + 2, including routing to decks A - D.

Completely missing is support for loops and hot-cue points, I'm open to suggestions on where to put those.

René

Tech Student

Default SLMK II 25 keys mapping

Hey there, firstival i wanna thank you for posting your mapping, but i have a problem here trying to import the .tsi file in traktor pro 1.0.2, i get an error saying: "the Accessor Information has unknown version. therefore has been ignored. this means i can't import it at all. do you know what does that mean? is it related to the current version of traktor? then it'd mean i have no chance to import it.
    I was also trying to then edit the mapping myself using your automap on my sl mkII andi got already a problem when i wanna use the buttons below the start/pause. you assigned them to cue to headphone. i wanna do the same but when i tried to learn traktor to use those buttons, nothing happens. it's like i can't assign those buttons (transport stuff) freelt to something else. are they fixed to sequencer trasport functions or there's a way to use them for something else?
    thanx for any help you can give me
    xxx
    vinz

Tech Wizard

Hi Vinz, good to see someone using a Novation, too :-)

I'm currently tweaking around in my settings and already developed a nice feel for how things work with the Novation. Once you figure it out, it's pretty cool indeed. Don't know about the accessor thing, never had that message. For the mapping uploaded, I used Traktor Pro 1.1.1, now I'm using Traktor Pro 1.2.1.

On the Novation, you have a "learn" and a "view" button. With view, you can see the current automap -- if you have one. I've included mine, you need to import it. In the automap, you assign controllers to the buttons and everything except the keyboard keys themselves. As far as I know the "Learn" button doesn't work with Traktor Pro, you need to use the Traktor Pro learning facilities for that.

For example, I set the first "Cue Phones" button to CC #91 but you can use really everything. That way, you can use "Learn" in Traktor Pro. If you don't assign, Traktor Pro will think that there's nothing there, because there's no MIDI communication going on, so it won't work.

You can assign almost everything to everything. The big exception is the "Speed Dial" which simulates "mouse button down + slighly right/up or slightly left/down". The "Transport" button gives you a second row of buttons you can assign freely, too.
    my DJing stuff: http://dj.kiesler.at/

Tech Student

hey, is there a possibility to use the 25sl with automap in traktor without loosing the keyboard keys!? when i´m gonna activating automapmidi in the out and input section the keyboard unfortunately get lost...

Tech Wizard

played around for a few days.
    you'll see the whole mapping and what does what in automap file.
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/3i6rfz

4 decks. 2 primary and 2 secondary (without eqs, but with filters). looping, effects, pitch bend. no cue point juggling.

Tech Mentor

first off, thanks for making these maps, its been really nice using them, but....

on both of your mappings for my remote sl mk2 the mid and filter knobs for deck B do not respond. they automapper recognizes it but it doesnt translate to traktor. im using 1.1.2

Tech Wizard

i have no problems with the knobs. but somehow traktor stopped responding for keys. and i can't find a solution. i think i messed it up somehow when trying to update it.
    you should try and remap the knobs that are not responding for you. it should help.

Tech Mentor

i tried doing the "learn" function but it either copys the HIGH from deck B so both knobs control the high or does absolutely nothing. any advice?

----EDIT----
    also are there any mappings for a remote for VDJ?
    Last edited by ssjaken; 08-19-2010 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by benstar View Post
    hey, is there a possibility to use the 25sl with automap in traktor without loosing the keyboard keys!? when i´m gonna activating automapmidi in the out and input section the keyboard unfortunately get lost...
    hey benstar, I tried this multiple times and was never able to get it too work with TSP (havent tried with anything else). I actually found using the "Novation template editor" was much easier and it unlocks features that arent available when just using the learn function. For instance the drum pads are mapped by default using velocity settings which is useless when you want the pad to act like a button. I use the drum pads for loops (on/off) and track selection from the browser.

Hopefully this helps!

Edit: sorry benstar I completely missed the keyboard part of your question and was responding more along the automap side of things. I shouldnt try and post while at work.
    Last edited by tekkon; 08-20-2010 at 02:12 PM. Reason: missed part of the question

Quote Originally Posted by rkiesler View Post
    Hi guys,

Completely missing is support for loops and hot-cue points, I'm open to suggestions on where to put those.

René
    Hi René, I use the drum pads for triggering loops on and off on all four decks . I use the indexed knobs for selecting the loops size and then the pad for turning the loop on/off. I then use the other four pads for assigning the selected track in the browser to which ever deck the pad is mapped too. I use (1) indexed knob to browse through the browser. I like the tactile feel (click click click) for selecting tracks plus when setting loop sizes you dont have to look at the screen. If your looping 2 beats then you know one click right is 4 beats etc etc.

I dont think you can map the pads this way using the learn function. I think you have to use the editor first to change the pads default setting and then use the learn function in traktor.

I've been thinking about hot cues but i just haven't found a use for them in my style of music (minimal techno).

cheers!
    d

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast