catching the beat and sync to other deck
    Tech Student

Default catching the beat and sync to other deck

if i compare torq with traktor pro:

on the traktor: if you go forward with the track while its playing, it is catching the same beat and nobody understands that you go forward on the track... is it possible on torq??

on the traktor: when you are mixing, you can click on "sync" to control the beats together perfectly.. is it possible on torq??

I haven't used Torq 1.5, but I believe Traktor allows much more detailed manual control over beat grids than Torq does. So if the automatic beat detection doesn't work for a particular track (and no automatic detection algorithm works for every track, regardless of what application you're using) Traktor does a better job of letting you set the beats up yourself.

That's important, because the "quantizing" feature that lets you skip around without getting off the beat will only work if the software knows where the right beats are. Note that you can turn quantizing off in Traktor also; it's just usually on. I don't know whether Torq allows quantized "scrubbing" in the same way that Traktor or Live do, but there are definitely controls in Torq that allow you to jump some number of beats forward or backward in the track.

Both apps have a "sync" feature that will a) automatically pitch one deck to match the tempo of the other playing deck, and b) push or pull the target track so that the beats match up with the other deck. Again, for that to work correctly, the software needs to know where the right beats are in both tracks. So in general it's going to be easier to make that work in Traktor than it will be in Torq.

When I used Torq, I used it purely as a vinyl control platform without the beat grids turned on. Not because I'm a badass, but partially because I found its beat grids to be unreliable.

Traktor's audio quality *can* also be better than Torq's, in part because the effects are higher quality but mostly because in Traktor it's possible to disable the virtual limiter circuit on the main output channel. Certainly in Torq 1.0.x there was a limiter on the main outs, and there was no way to disable it.
    reason, live7, traktor pro, m-audio x-session, m-audio O2, KRK RP5, Roland RD300sx