Tempo Adjust for Faderless Controllers
    Tech Guru

Default Tempo Adjust for Faderless Controllers

Hey DJTT!

Just got my Denon X1500 + Reloop Contour combo, and I'm loving it. External mixing is so wonderful (even if the mixer is completely beaten up), and I'm loving the jog on this Contour.

Problem is... I'm just now realizing that my controller doesn't have a pitch fader. I'm currently using an encoder to adjust the tempo, but it's changing it at weird fractions, just off of 0.5. It's currently set to 50% sensitivity, so I'd expect it to change the tempo by 0.5.

For example: track BPM is 128.
    Adjust one time, 128.5
    Adjust two times, 128.99
    etc.

I do have the jog wheel set for fine adjustments (0.01), but I think using the encoder with steps is a better option.

tl;dr: How to set settings so the encoder is adjusting at consistent finite amounts.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Decrease rotary sensitivity antil you find correct amount per turn.

Tech Guru

Aw, I was hoping there was a faster/better way

Unfortunately Traktor isn't that advance still. However this mapping method works.

Tech Guru

Stewe, am I correct in assuming that the rotary sensitivity works based on percentage of the track BPM and not on flat BPM?

On my contour, I have the faders assigned direct for pitch and have the encoders above them set for fine pitch.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50 View Post
    Stewe, am I correct in assuming that the rotary sensitivity works based on percentage of the track BPM and not on flat BPM?
    It work based on deck master or the master clock BPM.