X1 USB Problem

Thread: X1 USB Problem

Default X1 USB Problem

Let's get down to brass tacks. I plugged in my X1 and now it won't install the driver and says that the USB device has malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it. All I get is the noise that it connects, then the "malfunction" message. The light momentarilly light up, then nothing. I have installed/reinstalled any and all drivers (x1). I have also gone in and uninstalled the USB device drivers from my control panel. I have restarted, rebooted and installed anything/everything. I've done everything but sacrifice a hipster to the pagen gods of mainstream. Should I try NI for help, or take it to a computer store or music repair shop (I have one near me that does midi repairs)??? I'm afraid I had a USB power surge and fried something...

P.S. I bought the X1 off of eBay and has worked up untill now.
    "There's a difference between interest and commitment. When you are interested in doing something you do it only when it's convenient. When you have committed to do something, you accept no excuses, only results."

have you tried a different usb port on your computer? tried a different usb cable? do other devices work on that usb port?
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

Yes. My F1 works fine. It's just the X1. I have also used the F1's cable and still no luck. I figure I should at least plug it into my GF's laptop. If it STILL doesn't work, then I know it's the X1 and not my laptop.
    "There's a difference between interest and commitment. When you are interested in doing something you do it only when it's convenient. When you have committed to do something, you accept no excuses, only results."

yeah, that's a perfect way to narrow it down. if it's the usb port on the x1 you can have a new one soldered in.
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

Yeah, now that I think about it I should've tried that before posting this. It's just that damn "One of the USB devices attached to your computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it" that has me worried.