NI Kontrol Z1 + 2x Stanton SCS3D...is this possible?
    Tech Convert

Default NI Kontrol Z1 + 2x Stanton SCS3D...is this possible?

Hi all...first time poster, long time follower!

I currently own a Stanton SCS System 3 MIDI controller running Traktor Pro. Despite the lack of support, and Stanton's takeover by Gibson (which is akin to banging your head to a Republican wall), I'm quite happy with my setup, except that I never was keen on the SCS3M mixer unit...nothing beats a tactile hardware mixer, even after almost 25 years of spinning on every format throughout that period.

Now that I have seen what the NI Kontrol Z1 offers, I seem to have found the answer to my prayers, especially since I stuck to the traditional 2-deck setup. Plus, its size compliments my need to keep it all portable. Is it possible to combine the Z1 with the two SCS3D deck units, and if so, how do I go about doing it? I admit that I find the proprietary DaRouter/Bome's utility to be very deep in terms of learning curve and fiddling about, so I'm more than open to your expert advice and solutions.

Thanks in advance!
    Woody Aki

Tech Guru

Yes, you can combine any MIDI controller with the Z1.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Convert

Good to know. But what should I look out for in order to get both parties working in harmony?

Tech Guru

I admit that I find the proprietary DaRouter/Bome's utility to be very deep in terms of learning curve and fiddling about, so I'm more than open to your expert advice and solutions.
    There isn't really anything to "fiddle about" with in DaRouter. You load a preset and go. But in any case, you don't need to make any change at all with DaRouter apart from selecting a different preset (maybe the generic dual SCS.3d if you want to make a mapping). The Z1 will have it's own support in Traktor (like every other NI controller).

Tech Convert

Hi nem0nic. Good to see that you're here...used to follow you on the Stanton forums.

So, the way I'm imagining it, the Z1 would not interfere with the SCS3D's, 2 USB slots will be used instead of the one that chains my current system, and Traktor will take care of the Z1 whilst DaRouter will still be needed to take care of the two SCS3D's. Should I keep an eye out for anything else?

Tech Guru

Should I keep an eye out for anything else?
    I can't imagine any kind of conflict between them, since they'll both be using totally different TSIs.

Tech Convert

Sweet...cheers nem0nic - you've always been of great help, even when your ex-employers let you down

Tech Guru

Glad to be of service sir!