1210 owners. A couple of questions

Default 1210 owners. A couple of questions

So when I bought my 1210mk5s on ebay years ago they were basically in brand new condition. I had them delievered to my grandparents house as I knew I wouldn't be in and aparantly the driver put one of the boxes on a bench outside while he was bringing them to the door and it fell off. This caused the plug to smack against the top shell and damage it. The seller went through Parcel Forces compensation thing and a woman came round to inspect the packaging and the damage. They came back to say it was improperly packaged. (All original packaging btw).

So that was pretty much it. I have the decks and one of them is damaged. Which is a massive bummer as I know it would have been in perfect condition otherwise.

It's bugging me and in the back of my head all the time. So what I wanted to ask is if anyone comes across a MK5 top shell could they maybe send me a message? Saying that I know they are going to be in high demand anyway and I probably won't have the kind of cash that people would want from it. As you can see from the pics. It's really not bad. But my OCD is GRRRR AHHHHH GRRRRR lol.

img_2218.jpg

img_2219.jpg

Secondly. Has anyone managed to remove scratches from the stock dust covers? These are covered in light scratches and I wouldn't mind just spending a day trying to make them look a bit nicer. I hear that Novus is quite good but I also have a feeling I might need to sand it down with some really high grit paper first but I'm not sure what type of plastic they are made out of.

I know we have some people on here that touch up decks to make a bit of cash so figured I ask

Thanks people

Tech Mentor

I looked into getting new top casings years ago for a set of 1200s they cost about £200 plus not worth it tbh I know what you mean about scratched gear its well annoying grrrrrrr!

good luck

Tobes - Flip 'em battle style. Out of sight, out of mind.

R2D2 - I've got TWO spare 1210 MKII casings at my gaff that have ALREADY been bare metal re-painted in high gloss white.

Make me an offer...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Haha they will be. I have been looking at that Ikea thread as I need to build something but I notice that if you have one of those expedit units that you can't have them battle style. But yeah they will be going that way anyway.

Ah thanks man but the mk2s won't fit the mk5s unless I lose the reset button for the pitch. Also I wanted to keep them as stock as possible. I mean I could fill in the missing chunk, sand it, then spray it, but I just love the stock look. But thanks for the offer. I did see your threads in the sale section and was going to PM you seeing if you had any knowledge about it
    Last edited by Tobes; 07-11-2013 at 09:03 AM.

Tech Mentor

There is no easy way to fix that scratch plinth. I don't know if that part is still available. You either replace the top, or repaint it. Personally, if it bothered me that much, I would just keep my eye out for another scratch free turntable and buy it, then sell your scratched one. As for the scratch cover, you can fix it, but it is very labor intensive, especially if you want it perfect. I don't know how much your time is worth or how bad your cover is, but it might be cheaper just to buy another cover. If you want to fix it your self, read this http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1398

Tech Mentor

@ OP http://www.sefour.com/DEC.htm might help you

@Patch my 1200s died years ago running MK3ds