z2 faceplate replacement process?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default z2 faceplate replacement process?

Hey guys my z2's crossfader and line faders paint are chipping and wearing off even though i've only had it roughly a month and its been lightly used. ive read on the NI Forum that i could get it replaced but i could not find the process on how to do this. does anyone have a similar issue? or have any idea how i could get a replacement?
    MBP 13"| TSP 2.6 | MPD 26 | MF Spectra | 2x Stanton ST150 | NI Kontrol z2

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Did you open a support ticket at their site?

i did but i didnt get a reply yet itsbeen 3 days so is there a specific department i have to contact?
    MBP 13"| TSP 2.6 | MPD 26 | MF Spectra | 2x Stanton ST150 | NI Kontrol z2

In the spirit of diy, I think you should make your own faceplate.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    In the spirit of diy, I think you should make your own faceplate.
    or u could get a decal rap...

I don't understand how everyone is having issues with the faceplate paint. don't drag your hand on the faceplate and/or CUT your long ass nails I have never had issues with any of my mixers and faceplate being worn out from my lazy ass resting my hand on the mixer...

haha, sorry, just saying, i've had mine for almost a month now, practice 1-2 hours a day and it still looks brand spankin new
    --> (2) Technics 1200 mk2, (1) Technics 1200 m3d, (1) Technics 1200 mk5, Pioneer DJM-S9, Rokit 5 Monitors, BX8 Monitor, TSP2, SDJ, DJP4M (DjProForMac), 2015 Macbook Pro (Quad Core i7 2.5ghz, 16GB RAM, 2GB AMD-R9, 1GB SSD) <--

Quote Originally Posted by DjLiquitATL View Post
    haha, sorry, just saying, i've had mine for almost a month now, practice 1-2 hours a day and it still looks brand spankin new
    Are you just mixing or are you a turntablist? In my first week I began to lose paint. Shiftee (best groomed fingernails in the business) cut on it once, and all of the paint was gone on one side. My crossfader paint, in all, lasted about eleven days.

I'm on the list for a replacement. Maybe someone on the NI forums has received one by now?

I mix and scratch... Everyone's style is different... I don't drag my fingers on the mixer
    --> (2) Technics 1200 mk2, (1) Technics 1200 m3d, (1) Technics 1200 mk5, Pioneer DJM-S9, Rokit 5 Monitors, BX8 Monitor, TSP2, SDJ, DJP4M (DjProForMac), 2015 Macbook Pro (Quad Core i7 2.5ghz, 16GB RAM, 2GB AMD-R9, 1GB SSD) <--

Put a ticket out about 3 months and im still waiting for my replacement.
    TSP2|MFSPECTRA|TECHNICS1200MK2/M3D|WIN764BIT
    MASCHINESTUDIO|KNTRLZ2|KNTRLX1MK2|KNTRLF1|DICERS|V-MODA

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by DjLiquitATL View Post
    I don't understand how everyone is having issues with the faceplate paint. don't drag your hand on the faceplate and/or CUT your long ass nails I have never had issues with any of my mixers and faceplate being worn out from my lazy ass resting my hand on the mixer...

Mine actually faded and I'm not rough on my stuff at all. I think its a matter of which batch you purchased. The 1st generation are shit!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast