upgrading traktor pro to 2...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default upgrading traktor pro to 2...

So I bought a traktor 2 key from a fellow forum member. He said it came with is Z2 and that he didn't need it. I installed traktor 2 and tried to activate it and was told that I didnt have the appropriate base product to upgrade. Is this activation code tied to the Z2?

unless I did something else wrong...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Tech Guru

How are you trying to activate it? Are you pressing the upgrade button? Or overwriting the serial number in settings?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by keithace View Post
    So I bought a traktor 2 key from a fellow forum member. He said it came with is Z2 and that he didn't need it. I installed traktor 2 and tried to activate it and was told that I didnt have the appropriate base product to upgrade. Is this activation code tied to the Z2?

unless I did something else wrong...
    Those key's that come with NI products are tied to the product. You'd have to register the Z2 under your account then use the Traktor 2 key.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Gooch View Post
    Those key's that come with NI products are tied to the product. You'd have to register the Z2 under your account then use the Traktor 2 key.
    I don't think so. I'm running a Traktor key for X1.

I dont have the Z2...

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50 View Post
    How are you trying to activate it? Are you pressing the upgrade button? Or overwriting the serial number in settings?
    installed the demo version of traktor and tried to activate it...

should i uninstall the old version of traktor and try it with just traktor 2 on the computer?

don't quote me on this but from memory pro 2 is a separate product to pro, so serials didn't transfer ... can't remember
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

but shouldn't i just able to activate it?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50 View Post
    I don't think so. I'm running a Traktor key for X1.
    Pretty positive on this. They say they are non-transferable. In fact if you got a Z2 with Traktor 2 and later wanted to sell your Z2 NI will (try to) make you transfer the license as well. If they were transferable the for sale section would be full of Traktor keys for sale. I bet some people on this forum have 4 or 5 keys laying around that are useless.

Tech Guru

Pretty positive on this. They say they are non-transferable. In fact if you got a Z2 with Traktor 2 and later wanted to sell your Z2 NI will (try to) make you transfer the license as well. If they were transferable the for sale section would be full of Traktor keys for sale. I bet some people on this forum have 4 or 5 keys laying around that are useless.
    I'm running a Traktor Key for X1, but I don't own an X1...

The only thing that required the controller was the scratch upgrade for the S4.

The old version of Traktor is not the same as Traktor Scratch 2. They will register as two different keys. You need to install the demo of Traktor Pro 2 and then input the CD key for Traktor Scratch.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast