Step Sequencer in Traktor (with Remix Decks)
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Step Sequencer in Traktor (with Remix Decks)

old prototype

One of my "dream' routines is to mix tracks and live percussive loops in a Richie Hawtin/Chris Liebing style, but to do so it would mean syncing Ableton with Traktor (or using just Ableton), my answer to this was something that Native Instruments should have done with the Kontrol F1 in the first place, a step sequencer. Static loops can get quite boring after a while compared to the ability to rhythmically modify them in real time.
    Here I present you the best of two worlds.
    With the latest Traktor 2.6.2 update I was able to MIDI sync and MIDI map each channel to a Remix Deck slot. Of course the sequencer itself is hard coded into the controller.

What do you think about all this? Maschine and Push are great, but if they wasn't so damn expensive.. They definitely should integrate this into Traktor, way much more fun!

edit:

this project evolved and now with more advanced features like 16 voice 32-step sequencer with 64 uneque patterns permanently stored on the device. it is completely open source and i still have a very limited number of devices available for sale at the projects website http://digitalwarrior.co/
    Last edited by ghztomash; 12-05-2013 at 04:45 AM.

That is very cool , that needs to be included in Traktor , well done mix as well . Dd you make the mixer and sequencer yourself.
    MBP 17 " , Allen & Heath Xone 92 , 2 X NI D2 , Midi Fighter Twister , MF3D , Maschine Mk2 , KRK RP6 G2 , Push , Technics 1210 mk2 , Aiaiai TMA-1 Studio Young Guru

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by neilmcm View Post
    That is very cool , that needs to be included in Traktor , well done mix as well . Dd you make the mixer and sequencer yourself.
    Thank you! Yes, here is a thread on that controller, http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=73070
    the mixer thing is a 4x4 knob controller I'm currently working on for the FX racks.

Tech Wizard

I saw the other thread about you building your controller, and after seeing this video I thought I had to give you a tip of the hat. Creative minds like yours are really doing great things in the controller/digital dj world.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Pretty impressive little controller you made there. I totally respect that!

Quote Originally Posted by ghztomash View Post
    With the latest Traktor 2.6.2 update I was able to MIDI sync and MIDI map each channel to a Remix Deck slot. Of course the sequencer itself is hard coded into the controller.
    Back in v2.1.7 (thinks) I managed to achieve a mapping for the step sequencer in Traktor using old BCD but it required looping MIDI and one deck to always being on play to keep modifier loop and the whole engine running which didn't make it ideal solution. Bud it worked

What do you think about all this? Maschine and Push are great, but if they wasn't so damn expensive.. They definitely should integrate this into Traktor, way much more fun!
    Agreed. In fact there is many requests for the SS in Traktor already - people call it a machine deck but using a concept you have showed here the remix deck shows up as powerful and NI should just need to add a sequencer option probably as another deck flavor. I can already see an integration for maschine coming next so lets hope if they add this SS functionality it wont be locked for Maschine only.

wow that was solid!! also i thought those new EFX in traktor were kinda a gimmick but you sir changed my mind.

Holy fuck mate! I just realized a reason to bust out one of my old electribes. Collecting dust they will no longer!
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Guru

Amazing work there! I could see them implementing a step sequencer like this in the future, hopefully with a 64 pad f4 controller!

Tech Mentor

That was fan-frickin-tastic. Keep up the good work!

I'll take two.

Great!!!!!
    MBP 13' 256 SSD 8Gb RAM. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.8 | MF Classic | NI Audio 2 | NI Audio 10 | CDJ1000MK3 (2) | Technics 1200MKII (4) | A&H Xone 92 (UK) | NI Kontrol F1 | Ipad 4 | Korg Kaoss Pad Mini | Ableton Live Suite.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast