Help please - Traktor Tempo Faders on Dn-MC6000
    Tech Wizard

Default Help please - Traktor Tempo Faders on Dn-MC6000

G'day,
    I am still getting used to Traktor so I just need some reassurance really. I used my DN MC-6000 and a Midi-Fighter 3D.
    If I use auto sync and want to bring the track back to it's normal tempo, as soon as I touch the tempo fader it changes instantly to 0%. I would prefer that it allows me to adjust slowly if needed. The 0% position on the Mc-6000 has a "click" so you really can't miss it.
    Am I correct to think that I need to go into the mapping for the controller and change the "Interaction Mode" to Relative or do I change the "Option" to Soft Takeover.. or do I do both?
    Any help greatly appreciated.
    Coops

Changing the mode to relative will mean that the fader in the software will start moving when you move the physical fader from whichever position it is in. So for example, if you have the physical fader in the middle, and then you sync a tune and the on screen fader moves to -3%, the next time you move the physical fader it will move it from -3%. Not ideal really as the physical fader won't match with what's on the screen. (Not sure I've explained that very well!!)

Soft takeover is what I use. After syncing, if a Track is at -3% and the physical fader is at 0%, you would have to move the physical fader PAST -3% before the on screen fader will start moving. If I'm syncing a tune and know that it's going to slow it down below 0%, once I've pressed the sync button I just move the fader all the way to the top. Then when that track becomes the master I can just slowly bring the fader down. This way you don't have to move it past the tempo on screen and slow it down even more before bringing it back to the correct speed.
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Tech Wizard

Thanks Robdquick.. never thought of that last bit... but I like it. I also appreciate your help!
    David