The Passionate DJ Podcast (Discussion/Interviews on DJing, Promoting, Fulfillment) - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Dj Noriddim View Post
    I'm excited to see this and while I have not listened to the podcast I will be listening to it and apply this knowledge to my life and career. Thank you for your assistance.
    Thanks a ton... I hope that you find it useful. If you do (or you don't), please let me know! I could always use the feedback!

Speaking of feedback: to those of you who are finding value in these podcasts, it would be extremely helpful if you would leave me an honest review and rating in iTunes. This will help to get the podcast in front of people who are searching/browsing around. Not only that, but it will help me know what you like and dislike, so that I can keep it in mind for future episodes. I would be very much appreciative!
    Last edited by Landsnark; 09-26-2013 at 08:29 AM.

Tech Mentor

When I saw this podcast, I was quite excited to see a podcast used as a means to assist others in becoming better DJs. I immediately downloaded and started listening intently seeking any information that I can apply to my career.We all want to be better Dj’s and we all want to attain that level of greatness that is unique to each of us. We have blogs, videos, software, books and other sources of information assisting us in attaining this goal. A lot of the information provided these days are usually the same in context. While it always nice to see news and reviews, information on the psychology of what makes a Great Dj is scarce. This is what makes this podcast great and immediately hooked my attention. The approach is from the inside out.

Episode one clearly outlines the podcaster's philosophies and gives the listener a summary of what to expect from this podcast. The introduction is excellent and well produced, and it sets the tone of professionalism, building an instant confidence and rapport with you as a listener. Believe me he does not disappoint you as a listener. The content is well structured, accurate and congruent with the outlined philosophies which are, provide value, know your purpose for Djing, do what is best for your this includes choosing the right gig and gear and think outside the box when it comes to finding the right gig. Over the course of the podcast, each point is presented with precision and detail transitioning into the next effortlessly.

It is my honest opinion this a great start for a podcast of this type. The podcast is imparting information while engaging the audience, prompting us to think about ourselves on a deeper level, a hallmark of great self-help and motivational content. Is it perfect? No. However, the podcaster has achieved his goal and presented a podcast that displays his passion and philosophies in an excellent manner. As a listener I enjoyed every minute of the podcast and was enlightened. The improvements I feel to be made are very small compared to the product that was presented so I choose to advise the podcaster personally without listing them in this review.

This podcast is definitely a must listen for anyone wishing to improve in their DJ career.

I am looking forward to listening to this for relaxing, vacation, etc. Excited!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Dj Noriddim View Post
    When I saw this podcast, I was quite excited to see a podcast used as a means to assist others in becoming better DJs. I immediately downloaded and started listening intently seeking any information that I can apply to my career.We all want to be better Dj’s and we all want to attain that level of greatness that is unique to each of us. We have blogs, videos, software, books and other sources of information assisting us in attaining this goal. A lot of the information provided these days are usually the same in context. While it always nice to see news and reviews, information on the psychology of what makes a Great Dj is scarce. This is what makes this podcast great and immediately hooked my attention. The approach is from the inside out.

Episode one clearly outlines the podcaster's philosophies and gives the listener a summary of what to expect from this podcast. The introduction is excellent and well produced, and it sets the tone of professionalism, building an instant confidence and rapport with you as a listener. Believe me he does not disappoint you as a listener. The content is well structured, accurate and congruent with the outlined philosophies which are, provide value, know your purpose for Djing, do what is best for your this includes choosing the right gig and gear and think outside the box when it comes to finding the right gig. Over the course of the podcast, each point is presented with precision and detail transitioning into the next effortlessly.

It is my honest opinion this a great start for a podcast of this type. The podcast is imparting information while engaging the audience, prompting us to think about ourselves on a deeper level, a hallmark of great self-help and motivational content. Is it perfect? No. However, the podcaster has achieved his goal and presented a podcast that displays his passion and philosophies in an excellent manner. As a listener I enjoyed every minute of the podcast and was enlightened. The improvements I feel to be made are very small compared to the product that was presented so I choose to advise the podcaster personally without listing them in this review.

This podcast is definitely a must listen for anyone wishing to improve in their DJ career.
    Wow!

Thanks Dj Noriddim... I don't even know what to say. The fact that you took the time to write such an in-depth review really means a lot. I'm really glad that you're finding it valuable!

By the way, those suggestions of improvement... small as they may be... feel free to let me know any time what they are (either here or in a PM). I want to strive to make it the best it can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise
    I am looking forward to listening to this for relaxing, vacation, etc. Excited!
    Awesome! Let me know what you think!

I have a couple of great interview sessions lined up, which I'm putting the show notes together for now. Can't wait to share!

Tech Mentor

Hello, all. Update time!

I'm excited to announce that episode 5 of the podcast will go live this coming Wednesday. The title is, The Life of a Full-Time DJ & The State of Modern Trance featuring Laurent Verronez, better known as Airwave. Laurent has some great insight and words of encouragement to share with you all.

This episode is pretty special to me, as someone who got into this whole thing via trance music back in the day. Over the years, I have found myself separated from a lot of modern so-called trance sounds, but Airwave truly makes some killer, dark, underground sounds that help me remember what brought me here in the first place.

Check out his track "Atlas Winds" if you're not already hip to it, while you're waiting for episode 5.

Stay tuned!

Great idea for a podcast! just subscribed @ iTunes and i'm exited to hear it the next day!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by ichitaka View Post
    Great idea for a podcast! just subscribed @ iTunes and i'm exited to hear it the next day!
    Thanks for the subscribe! I'd appreciate an honest review in iTunes too, if you can take the time.

See you tomorrow!

Tech Mentor

PDJ 005 - Life of a Full-Time DJ & The State of Modern Trance w/Laurent Véronnez (aka Airwave)

Podcast: Download (Duration: 64:35 — 59.1MB)

Hi folks! Welcome back for the fifth episode of the Passionate DJ Podcast. I’m excited to announce that this episode is an interview with someone who I hold in very high regard: Laurent Véronnez, better known as Airwave!

A 20+ year veteran in the underground dance music scene, Laurent has witnessed a lot: the digital revolution, the peaks and valleys of the prominence of trance music, and the commercialization of various flavors of “EDM”. Throughout all of this, Laurent has kept true to the sounds that move him.

Airwave is a hugely popular (and deeply respected) name in the dance music scene, with a very loyal fanbase. He is especially known for his work in the trance genre, both progressive and psychedelic, and is an open and honest speaker about the state of the industry. As such, I just had to get him involved with the podcast… and as you’ll hear, we had a fantastic discussion!

In episode 5, Laurent and I discuss:

• What it’s like to be a traveling DJ and raise a family simultaneously
    • Why you have to be a little bit fully crazy to pursue music full-time
    • Why the accessibility of music creation tools today is such a good thing
    • Why Laurent would never go back to the days before the “digital revolution”
    • Why tools don’t make the musician
    • Where Laurent thinks the trance genre is headed in the future

Items mentioned in this session include:

Thank Airwave!

Laurent was so gracious to take some time out of his busy schedule to talk with the Passionate DJ community, out of his own love for music and desire to share his insight with other people who want to become better DJs through passion and purpose. I think he’s awesome for that, and so should you… so why not tell him?

@airwavemusic, thanks so much for your inspiring interview on the PassionateDJ.com podcast. You’re awesome! (Tweet this!)

Tech Mentor

Hey guys... just a quick update to thank you for making the Airwave interview my most listened podcast yet! (Sure, there's only 5 episodes so far, but I'm still excited!)

Keep your eyes peeled for a new episode coming soon, but in the meantime, here's a little infographic I put together... let me know what you think!

Here's the easier to read version (resizing made it a little blurry...)

Once again...thanks!

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Landsnark View Post
    Hey guys... just a quick update to thank you for making the Airwave interview my most listened podcast yet! (Sure, there's only 5 episodes so far, but I'm still excited!)

Keep your eyes peeled for a new episode coming soon, but in the meantime, here's a little infographic I put together... let me know what you think!

Here's the easier to read version (resizing made it a little blurry...)

Once again...thanks!
    That's an awesome info graph, thanks man =)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast