The Passionate DJ Podcast (Discussion/Interviews on DJing, Promoting, Fulfillment)
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default The Passionate DJ Podcast (Discussion/Interviews on DJing, Promoting, Fulfillment)

Hey guys!

Just wanted to let you all in on my newest project, the Passionate DJ Podcast. This is not a music podcast, but more of a "talk radio" type of format where we discuss (and interview people about) DJing, promotions, fulfillment, and all things related to becoming a better DJ through passion and purpose.

Provided it's okay with the mods, I will post new episodes in this thread along with a download link. You will also be able to stream it directly from my blog, or to subscribe to it (once it's approved on iTunes).

This is the first time I've done anything like this, so I'd appreciate any feedback or suggestions!

Podcast Episodes:

PDJ 001 - Introducing The Passionate DJ Podcast! (July 15, 2013)
    PDJ 002 - How To Build Buzz Instead of Hype, and Why (August 05, 2013)
    PDJ 003 - Small Time Promoter Tips w/Jessica “Fortune” Fenner (pt. 1) (September 19, 2013)
    PDJ 004 - Small Time Promoter Tips w/Jessica “Fortune” Fenner (pt. 2) (September 23, 2013)
    PDJ 005 - Life of a Full-Time DJ & The State of Modern Trance w/Airwave (October 23, 2013)

Help Out The Show!

I would be absolutely thrilled if you would take just a minute to leave a quick rating and honest review of the podcast on iTunes. It would be extremely helpful for the show, and the feedback is useful for me as I create future episodes.

- Click here to leave an honest review on iTunes!

If you would like to give me some more direct feedback, or just say hi, you can email me directly: david (at) passionatedj (dot) com.

I'm also really trying to build my social network, as I love interacting with my audience. Please like/follow me on Facebook and Twitter.

Special Thanks!

I just want to take a second to thank the DJTechTools staff for providing such a great platform (blog and forum) and allowing me to share my episodes here. And you, the listeners, who are giving it a chance. You guys are all awesome!
    Last edited by Landsnark; 10-23-2013 at 09:01 AM.

Tech Mentor

PDJ 001 - Introducing The Passionate DJ Podcast!

Podcast: Download (Duration: 25:22 — 24.1MB)

This very first episode is a little shorter and different than the podcasts that will follow it, as it's basically just an introduction to the series. Future episodes will have a little less fluffy introduction and a little more "meat", but I wanted a good starting point to discuss what it's all about.

In this first episode, I talk about:

- Show formalities (what to expect)

- A little bit about myself

- The ideas and philosophies behind the podcast

- Happiness and fulfillment as a DJ

Thanks for listening, and please bear with me as I get used to hearing my own recorded voice. Cheers!
    Last edited by Landsnark; 07-15-2013 at 10:37 AM.

Tech Mentor

PDJ 002 - How To Build Buzz Instead of Hype, and Why

Podcast: Download (Duration: 41:49 — 38.4MB)

Episode two of the talk-radio style Passionate DJ Podcast is about building buzz, whether it’s for your events, mixes, albums, or anything else you want to promote in the music scene.

In this second episode, I talk about:

- Why you want buzz, not hype
    - Leveraging your connections
    - Why “shouting louder” is not the ideal way to be heard as a DJ
    - Why having talent isn’t enough
    - How to start building a fan base of people that matter
    - Finding your key fans; your “ambassadors” that support your efforts

And once again, I'm new to this and would appreciate any feedback!

Just got a chance to listen to podcast 1 and i gotta say so far i like where your going. keep it up

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by P4ULSON View Post
    Just got a chance to listen to podcast 1 and i gotta say so far i like where your going. keep it up
    Hey, thanks a ton! Let me know what you think of episode 2... it has a little more "meat".

Taking a listen right now. The idea is pretty slick I must say, Im a fan of these types of podcasts in any hobby I have been apart of.

Im gonna listen to #2 because I feel like I have been doing the majority except the very last part, Im basically basing my djing around unheard beats and being good. not much else. Will post after

It was pretty informative dude, I can definitely attest to choosing events that you play at once you understand you have a certain skillset and following. I made a bad choice this winter playing at an event that pretty much ruined that promoters name. Not from my djing tho luckily!

Keep doing these!

This is awesome, it's about time that somebody created a podcast where DJs can go to for advice. Keep up the great work man!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by AllDay View Post
    It was pretty informative dude, I can definitely attest to choosing events that you play at once you understand you have a certain skillset and following. I made a bad choice this winter playing at an event that pretty much ruined that promoters name. Not from my djing tho luckily!

Keep doing these!
    Yeah, I learned quickly (but the hard way) to be much choosier about the gigs that I take. Once you actually make that decision, it makes so much sense that you wonder how you ever thought otherwise (i.e. - take what you can get!)

Quote Originally Posted by SCHIES View Post
    This is awesome, it's about time that somebody created a podcast where DJs can go to for advice. Keep up the great work man!
    Hey, thanks! I will definitely keep it up and appreciate any feedback. I'm hoping to do a lot of learning, myself!

I like the idea, I can see myself benefitting from this. I will give it a listen here later on in the day and let you know what I think.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast