I'm Posting A Mix on Youtube (Copyright Infrigment Question)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default I'm Posting A Mix on Youtube (Copyright Infrigment Question)

hey everyone im about to upload one of my mixes on youtube, it is full of electro/progressive house music, will it be removed because of copyright? how can i avoid this? i have put much effort in preparing this video mix so i dont want it to get deleted.

Could you please help me? Thank You in advance.
    Have a nice day and God Bless you

Tech Guru

Only way to find out is to upload it and see if it gets flagged.

Just list the artist in the description and you will be ok... Not really any issues unless you start making money from the YouTube advertisements
    --> (2) Technics 1200 mk2, (1) Technics 1200 m3d, (1) Technics 1200 mk5, Pioneer DJM-S9, Rokit 5 Monitors, BX8 Monitor, TSP2, SDJ, DJP4M (DjProForMac), 2015 Macbook Pro (Quad Core i7 2.5ghz, 16GB RAM, 2GB AMD-R9, 1GB SSD) <--

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50 View Post
    Only way to find out is to upload it and see if it gets flagged.
    ^this.

Quote Originally Posted by DjLiquitATL View Post
    Just list the artist in the description and you will be ok... Not really any issues unless you start making money from the YouTube advertisements
    eh. i've seen mixes get taken down even if they provided a tracklist.

Tech Wizard

A tracklist and/or any messages about "fair use", "all copyrights to owners" etc. don't make any difference at all.

The only deciding factor is whether or not one of the owners of any of the sound recordings or underlying compositions embodied in those recordings decides to takedown, and it is completely at their discretion. Most don't, since they're going to make the ad revenue off of views of your upload, but some (esp the major labels) do.

Most labels don't do anything - you'll just be told by YT you can't make money off your video and it might be blocked in certain countries.
    13" Macbook Pro i7/8gb/750gb :: Traktor S4 + F1 + Pro 2 :: Allen & Heath DB4 :: Allen & Heath K2 :: Midi Fighter Classic :: Midi Fighter Pro (BM) :: Midi Fighter 3D :: Pioneer RMX1000 :: DJM800 :: 2 xCDJ1000mk3 :: Beats Pro + Beats Studio

Quote Originally Posted by tunecrew View Post
    A tracklist and/or any messages about "fair use", "all copyrights to owners" etc. don't make any difference at all.

The only deciding factor is whether or not one of the owners of any of the sound recordings or underlying compositions embodied in those recordings decides to takedown, and it is completely at their discretion. Most don't, since they're going to make the ad revenue off of views of your upload, but some (esp the major labels) do.
    This.
    Only way to find out is post it. If there's any top 40 though, it will get taken down.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Youtube will run the audio of your mix through a Shazam type program which will identify popular songs if the labels uploaded them for content match. Every match they find will be listed. Most of the top40 songs will be blocked in Germany and subsequently unavailable to be viewed on mobile devices. In general video take downs don't happen as much anymore.

Why use YouTube when SoundCloud/Mixcloud are designed for audio?
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Tech Guru

Soundcloud has gotten pretty aggressive on copyright infringement.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast