Traktor's MIDI Sync sux (!?)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Traktor's MIDI Sync sux (!?)

I would like to ask if any body of you noticed or experienced this. And hopefully has some explanation or even better solution because this has been driving me crazy for a while now!

Whenever I enable Traktor to send the MIDI Clock if I have any other controllers connected with mappings of features like VU meters, LED feedback of pots or even hot cue type LEDs, everything just glitches and the sound runs slow and pops. If I disable MIDI Clock the with rest of the mappings it work fine. My only guess is that Traktor can't handle so many MIDI messages, or that there is something wrong with my settings. Ableton seems to handle this fine..
    Anybody else noticed this? And is there an issue with NI native controllers like the S2 or Z1 VU meters etc? Or do those run on a separate serial channel and not MIDI?

Tech Mentor

Btw I'm on Windowze 7 64-bit i5 CPU and 8 gigs ram, so the specs are quite alright.
    Admins over the NI forum were kind enough to delete me before I could even post anything

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ghztomash View Post
    Admins over the NI forum were kind enough to delete me before I could even post anything
    Can you explain what this statement means? I see no reason for a mod to delete a post like the one above. Maybe the post has been put into Moderation by the Spam filter which has been tightened up due to tons of spam.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Hey Thomas,

Do you keep your mappings assigned for each controller or do you set them to 'All Ports'? Second thing would explain your LED's are all over the place.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Can you explain what this statement means? I see no reason for a mod to delete a post like the one above. Maybe the post has been put into Moderation by the Spam filter which has been tightened up due to tons of spam.
    They have some sort of policy that you can't post unless your account gets activated by a moderator. Apparently I didn't pass the face control, so I haven't had the chance to post something.. Anyway I signed up for another account

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Hey Thomas,

Do you keep your mappings assigned for each controller or do you set them to 'All Ports'? Second thing would explain your LED's are all over the place.
    I have every mapping assigned to a specific controller, no All Ports. I even tried resetting Traktors default settings to get rid of all the mappings. I don't know if it has to do anything with my Audio 2 settings.. I will try on my buddies Windows 8 laptop.

Tech Wizard

Are you using ASIO4ALL by any chance?
    I used to use Traktor with ASIO4ALL a while ago, and I got roughly the same problems like you (glitches etc). The music sounded terrible coming out of my computer. If I recall correctly I didn't have those issues with the normal audio drivers, but then you'd have loads of latency, which sucks as well.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Traktor used to get overloaded with MIDI OUT messages back in 1.2 but that got sorted with 2.0. What version are you running? Did you try exporting your maps, deleting them and slowly bring them back in? (trying to find if it's an offending map or something along those lines).

NI Kontrol line communicates via HID, runs separately from MIDI.

Tech Mentor

I am using Traktor's Audio 2. I will experiment with the sample rate settings again to see if that makes any difference (although I did with no result buck when I first noticed the problem and had no idea what was causing it).

I am using 2.6.2. Also yes I tried restoring the factory settings but as soon as I mapped something like LED feedback for a knob it starts gliching again. Really tempted of getting an Z1 now..

Tech Mentor

heeere we go

Hey, I know it's getting the zombie out of a grave with this thread but I have this exact problem, tried every possible solution.
    I'm a sound engineer and have rather high knowledge about hardware and software, my PC on Win 8.1 is working flawlessly, ableton + traktor can run together with a lot of effects, samples and shit and the processor (i7) is not even reaching double-digits.

Everything is smooth...until I turn "Send MIDI clock" on. Than - on my APC40 with collision mapping half of the buttons make a glitch on button off and - surprisingly - half of the buttons on on. SO it doesn't exactly look like overload. But this glitches sounds like it.

I'm in the dark now. I've tried 3 different audio interfaces, every possible frequency or buffer. Nothing helps the issue. I'm using APC40 + MIDI FIghter 3D + RMX2 + AKAI LPD8 for some time now and it's working flawlessly without one problem. Recently I wanted to utilize MIDI Fighter Twister and it's Sequencer to my set - and ableton with some instruments too. And when I turned this "send MIDI clock" on - problems begin. So now I have to choose - ditch Twister and Ableton to be able to use Collision on APC40 (and I LOVE this setup) or ditch Collision on APC40 - BUT - I don't know if this problem won't occur with other controllers. So I would rather find a solution or source of the problem than "just re-install system" advice

So - anyone have some ideas?

And I want to say hello, my first post, but I'm reading DDTT for some time now (proud owner of 3d and twister).

kisses,
    hefner

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast