Traktor in HID mode (CDJ 900)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Schalenberg

Default Traktor in HID mode (CDJ 900)

Yesterday I tried hooking my 900s up to Traktor in HID mode. Got everything to function properly. However, I noticed that the jog wheels acted quite different. When trying to beatmatch, the platter did not have the same sensitivity as it would have without the software. I ended up having to see watch the bpm on my screen to make sure I was in tempo. Pretty uncomfortable, and I gave up shortly after. Is this normal for CDJs while using Traktor?

What is your latency in the Traktor settings, and what audio card are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by nudedudewithattitude View Post
    When trying to beatmatch, the platter did not have the same sensitivity as it would have without the software.
    When pitchbending or scratching? Traktor has pitchbending sensitivity setting....
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Schalenberg

Think I figured this out. Anyone know how I can do a quick 8-beat loop on the CDJ 900 in Traktor? When I do press the 8-loop button, it gives me about a 2-beat loop instead.

Tech Guru

The Beat Select button might be a modifier to access different loop sizes in the Traktor mapping, and you can probably custom map that whole section if you like.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Schalenberg

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    The Beat Select button might be a modifier to access different loop sizes in the Traktor mapping, and you can probably custom map that whole section if you like.
    Thanks for the response, makar. Any idea where I can do this? I'm very new to Traktor. Just wanted to try it out.

Tech Guru

Have you tried using the Beat Select button yet while connected to Traktor? It might be a toggle modifier, or it might be a hold type.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Schalenberg

When I select, say, the 8-beat auto loop and then hit Beat Select, nothing happens. I just want to be able to hit the 8-beat auto loop and have it be an 8-beat auto loop.

Schalenberg

Never found a solution to the aforementioned concern, but moving right along. Noticed today that the yellow pitch bar next to the Sync and Master buttons is acting strange. It's either very long toward the right or toward the left. Anyone know how to fix this so that it stays in the middle when beatmatched? I don't need it, but it's driving me crazy. Thanks!

Schalenberg

Screen Shot 2013-07-17 at 2.22.57 PM.jpg

I've attached a screenshot. As you can see, in Deck B even though both tracks are beatmatched, the yellow line is extended out instead of being pretty much non-existent. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast