getting into external mixing
    Tech Mentor

Default getting into external mixing

Alright folks I`m editing this thread to make it more compact.

I`m looking for an affordable yet reasonable audio-interface that will allow me to mix externally on three stereo channels.

I just chipped out around 80 Euros for a Vestax PMC 170a on Ebay.

It doesn't need to be top notch, I`m not playing in clubs and bought the mixer for improving the tactile interface rather than soundquality.

The interface should have 3 stereo out, an extra cuing/ headphone jack would be a goody and one stereo In would be nice for recording and ripping vinyls.
    Low latency would be good too but it doesn't have to be a fancy Firewire thing. Do you have any suggestions experiences with interfaces below 200 Euros?????

Some options I found are:

Hercules DJ Trim which has 3 stereo outs and 2 stereo ins.(199 Euros)

ESI Gigaport HD which has 4 stereo outs.(149 euros) this one is said to be a successor of the Maya, which has been around and popular for quite a while .
    But on the other hand I heard mixed reviews on Maya and owned one ESi 46 before the Audiofire and had to send it back because the drivers just never worked smoothly on my old XP system.

A fancy option would be buying three! EKS XP10 which should cost around 360 Euros. While that would really strech the budget, I could sell some controller gear to level out the price. And I guess they are a piece of sexy gear

The minus would be the recording for which I`de then just have a battered IBm with on board soundcard. But I don`t know whether for an applications like ripping vinyl to MP3 or making the occasional traktor mix to upload on soundcloud the audiointerface needs to be top notch asio driven and be equipped with $$$$$ converters.

So what do you use and what are your experiences
    I`de be very happy for suggestions, especially for decent gear that has been discontinued and can be found 2nd hand.
    Cheers
    J.
    Last edited by derjay; 09-19-2009 at 06:01 AM.