Record mix with Audacity
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Schalenberg

Default Record mix with Audacity

Been trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong. When I play back my recording, I hear everything going on - the mix, me pressing the cue button my CDJs, etc. Wtf?! Also, when I try to save the mix, I can't. I downloaded the LAME program. Just can't seem to get anything to work. The tutorials I've all watched don't use the same version of Audacity I'm using (latest version). Any clue of what I'm doing wrong? Setup: 2 CDJ 900s and Xone DB2. Y-cable coming out of Record Out in back of mixer going into Mic out in my Mac.

Tech Wizard

I imagine being able to hear everything going on has something to do with your internal microphone (assuming you are using a laptop). I was recording some vinyl the other day and same thing happened to me.

Quote Originally Posted by nudedudewithattitude View Post
    Been trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong. When I play back my recording, I hear everything going on - the mix, me pressing the cue button my CDJs, etc. Wtf?! Also, when I try to save the mix, I can't. I downloaded the LAME program. Just can't seem to get anything to work. The tutorials I've all watched don't use the same version of Audacity I'm using (latest version). Any clue of what I'm doing wrong? Setup: 2 CDJ 900s and Xone DB2. Y-cable coming out of Record Out in back of mixer going into Mic out in my Mac.
    In Audacity Preferences set teh input source to "Built in Input" instead of "Built in Microphone"

My guess is you haven't set up the audacity input and output channels, depending on which db2 soundcard channels are available for selection I would of thought you will be able to avoid running cables in and out of the mixer itself. Unless I'm missing something I don't see why your getting the mic out on the mac involved?

Schalenberg

I'm using Built-in Input. So strange. Maybe I need to fix something in my audio settings for the MacBook?

Schalenberg

Ok, it was a setting in my Mac preferences. Thanks guys. However, I tried recording through Traktor and I'm not getting any sound. Using the 900s in HID mode. External mixing, internal recording. Nothing. Do I even need the y-cable for this?

Tech Guru

Make sure your gain is set high enough in traktor for it to pick up in internal.

Schalenberg

Checked that. Nothing.

Schalenberg

Quote Originally Posted by jdownesbaird View Post
    Looks like it should work. I'll jump on it when I get home from work. Thank you!

*Now that I think about it, I'm not connecting my DB2 into my laptop at all. It's just a USB from each CDJ 900 into my MBP.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast