apc40 fader problem

Default apc40 fader problem

so i was playing a little gig the other night and one of the faders on my apc 40 started to move on its own within ableton. fader 3 is mapped to the volume on channel 3 so when i moved it up or down it would follow but then when i stopped moving it it would jump around on its own for a little.

i had this issue when i first bought my apc 40, something was wrong with the power cable and it would do that so when i bought a new one it stopped. could it be the power cable is failing again or is the fader starting to break?

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by littlemimus View Post
    so i was playing a little gig the other night and one of the faders on my apc 40 started to move on its own within ableton. fader 3 is mapped to the volume on channel 3 so when i moved it up or down it would follow but then when i stopped moving it it would jump around on its own for a little.

i had this issue when i first bought my apc 40, something was wrong with the power cable and it would do that so when i bought a new one it stopped. could it be the power cable is failing again or is the fader starting to break?
    If its just the one fader is very unlikely to be a PSU issue

Probably a build up of carbon or dirt on the fader ... buy a tin of this and if it doesn't work you'll most likely need to replace the fader entirely.

You only need a TINY squirt, just enough to finely coat the track - you have no idea the amount of DJ faders I've seen been permanently put out of action by spraying half a can into them.

Last edited by deevey; 07-19-2013 at 07:21 AM.

Yeah, I can agree with the above.

I had a similar issue with my faders due to not using them.

When I did, I had a similar issue.

I used a can of compressed air and cleaned mine.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

just a little update i sprayed some of that in there and it started workin again! thanks guys

Awesome!
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Good Job